Maui wedding planner?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 katieoliver04

katieoliver04
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Hi everyone!
    I'm currently looking for a wedding planner in Maui (one that won't break the budget but is still great!)
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks!!

#2 Huey

Huey
    • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:15 PM

I've heard a lot about Lori from Tropical Maui Weddings. It sounds like she is quite reasonable. I'm using White Orchid Weddings and I've been very happy with them (my person is Barb, but I think they have a number of different consultants). Another one I've heard about is A Paradise Dream Wedding.

That being said, you'll need to compare "coordination fee". I have to admit, there is a sizeable percentage commission that they charge... but it will give you some ease of mind (or so I've been told)...lol. Good luck!!

#3 laura&james

laura&james
      • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

Hi Katie,

Welcome to BDW! I am working with Deanne from Precious Maui Weddings. She came highly recommended from other brides-to-be and has been absolutely fantastic thus far. Her package prices are much more reasonable than some of the other planners out there. I absolutely loved Gordon Nash's photography, but he works exclusively with A Paradise Dream Wedding and their quote was nearly double Deanne's for the same exact package with several customized options. Best of luck!

Laura

#4 jstinemari

jstinemari
        • 86 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:41 PM

i'm working with Lori from Tropical Maui weddings... she is just wonderful, you wont be disappointed and her prices are fair. Alot of woman on this site have worked with her and everyone will say the same.
          You can check out her packages on the website. GL

#5 katieoliver04

katieoliver04
          • 6 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:18 PM

Thanks Everyone!
            I'm now working with Lori from Tropical Maui weddings and she is Fantastic!

#6 hara_3d

hara_3d
            • 18 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Huey
              I'm using White Orchid Weddings and I've been very happy with them
              Are they incredibly expensive, or have they managed to meet a decent budget and still deliver something as beautiful as their website promises?

#7 Huey

Huey
              • 74 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:48 AM

I do think they are expensive!!!! There is a 20% coordination charge on top of everything they organize for you, but Barb is nice enough to tell me when she doesn't think her help is worthwhile in certain things (like booking dinner with a restaurant or booking a group tour). She'll just put me in touch with the right people and that saves the coordination cost! When I see the final product in 8 months...I'll let you know!! =)

#8 da.shmoopies

da.shmoopies
                • 223 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:23 PM

My wedding coordinator is Lori Lawrence from Tropical Maui Weddings. I can't say enough good things about her. I got so frustrated not getting replies back from other coordinators... right away Lori was quick to respond! And she's very down to earth and easy to talk to. Plus, she helps with all the little extras... providing me baskets for the wedding ceremony, and even helping book our Reception Restaurant even though she's technically only responsible for the wedding. She's great at recommending other vendors that you may not have seen in your research.

I originally wanted to go through White Orchid Weddings and it took them three WEEKS to contact me, by then I had already booked Lori. I'm glad I did. Plus, she's got a goodlookin' hubby who plays some lovely guitar. He's our guitarist for our wedding.

#9 lizzyl875

lizzyl875
                  • 153 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 09:35 PM

I'm also working with Lori from Tropical Maui Weddings. She seems very down to earth. Some of the other WC's I spoke with were kind of snobby and said they dealt with high budget, private estates type only weddings, etc. etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users