Photo

I'm Torn

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 CaraW

CaraW
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:18 PM

Hello ladies, I am torn between these two dresses. Please help!!

Dress #1:
    Justin Alexander
    This is the 1st dress I tried on. My mom & sister were with me, and they both cried when I came out in it. It's the only dress that has had that "cry factor"... I love this dress, but my MOH said it's "different"... What do you guys think? Is this dress wierd? Or not beach appropriate?
    Unfortunately I don't have any pics of me in the dress because the store doesn't allow pics... (i hate that.)

PS: I hate this picture, it really doesn't do the dress justice.
    Justin Alexander - Style: 8429
    The girl laying down is wearing the dress in this one
    http://www.justadayb...._Front_39L.jpg

Dress #2
    Private Label by G
    This dress has come to me 3 times in a row, each time being a little cheaper. I love this dress so much also. But it does have a lot of beading, and I'm not sure that'll be good for the beach?
    Private Label Bridal

I'm bringing my FMIL on Tuesday to give me her opinion too, but i was hoping for more opinions from you lovely ladies.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Cara

#2 sally

sally
    • 302 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:40 PM

I Love dress number 1, yes its "different" but in a good way!!!
      A DW is always where we should wear "different" dresses.
      It would look fabulous on a beach wedding with tropical flowers, way more interesting than a "normal" dress

Good Luck

#3 jk1101

jk1101
      • 2,582 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by CaraW
        Hello ladies, I am torn between these two dresses. Please help!!

Dress #1:
        Justin Alexander
        This is the 1st dress I tried on. My mom & sister were with me, and they both cried when I came out in it. It's the only dress that has had that "cry factor"... I love this dress, but my MOH said it's "different"... What do you guys think? Is this dress wierd? Or not beach appropriate?
        Unfortunately I don't have any pics of me in the dress because the store doesn't allow pics... (i hate that.)

PS: I hate this picture, it really doesn't do the dress justice.
        Justin Alexander - Style: 8429
        The girl laying down is wearing the dress in this one
        http://www.justadayb...._Front_39L.jpg

Dress #2
        Private Label by G
        This dress has come to me 3 times in a row, each time being a little cheaper. I love this dress so much also. But it does have a lot of beading, and I'm not sure that'll be good for the beach?
        Private Label Bridal

I'm bringing my FMIL on Tuesday to give me her opinion too, but i was hoping for more opinions from you lovely ladies.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

Cara
        The bottom line is that YOU have to love the dress, and if it made you cry...personally I put a lot of stock in that. My dress made me cry too!

You said you love #2 as well, but did it make you cry?

Try them both on again with FMIL and close your eyes and picture yourself at your wedding and FI seeing you in the dress. If one of them brings tears....that's the one to get!

Both dresses are beautiful and will be gorgeous on the beach. I don't think you'd go wrong with either. Let us know which one you pick!

#4 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:44 PM

I think I would need to see pics of you in the dress. Since everyone wears the dresses so differently.

#5 CaraW

CaraW
          • 346 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jerseykitten
            You said you love #2 as well, but did it make you cry?
            No that dress didn't make me cry, and it didn't make my mom cry either. I guess that's a sign hey?

Quote:
            I think I would need to see pics of you in the dress. Since everyone wears the dresses so differently.
            Unfortunately I only have a pic of me in dress #2, on my cell phone. I'm going to get the cord today to upload it, but I don't have a pic of dress #1 because they don't allow pics at that place.

#6 KJT1985

KJT1985
            • 694 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

I love the Justin Alexander dress best. But it really is all about how YOU feel in the dress. Both are gorgeous. Good luck!

#7 bride2010

bride2010
              • 424 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

I personally love dress #1, but I also don't think dress #2 is too much for a beach wedding. I'm sure you'll look beautiful in either one. Good luck!
                http://i817.photobuc....ogotest1-3.jpg
                26 Booked + Bride & Groom
                "Before the light I will rescue, and then we'll begin to start it all over again" ...pete murrayHappily married to my best friend...

#8 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
                • 3,103 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

I personally like dress #1 as well, it's beautiful and I love the top of it. It's hard to decide but try it on again and see how you feel. I was unsure of my dress at first too because it's so different and not beachy but the second time I put it on I was absolutely positive about it.

#9 meghan

meghan
                  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

I think I like dress#1 more (I don't think it is inappropriate for a beach and I don't really see how it is really "different"...i think it is just beautiful) but both are very nice. I would just go with whatever you feel best in. i don't think beading is bad for the beach either.

#10 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
                    • 304 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 03:08 PM

#1 is a beautiful ball gown style, which i think looks AWESOME on a beach! So flowy and beautiful! Just go with what your gut instinct tells you, it will never steer you wrong!

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users