Photo

weather

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sally

sally
  • 302 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:15 PM

Can any of the wonerful BDW ladies tell me what the weather would be like in November in the Riviera Maya??

#2 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
    • 661 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:12 PM

We were there the last week of november and first week or december and it rained the whole time we were there. We have gone three time to mayan around that time frame due to weddings of friends and every time we have gone it rained the whole time. And not normal rain either - like torential down pour kind of rain....lol
      Just remember that May - November is hurricaine season and the rainy season. That is why it is cheaper to go at those times. I have been told on many occassion that the best time to go to cancun/mayan is from Jan - mar.
      Im planning mine for the earlier part of January. I hope this helps and doesnt put a damper on things. Im sure it doesnt rain there ALL the time...lol...but for the three different times we have gone in november /december, I think we got one day of clear skies! It was not great for the brides unfortunately.
      Good luck!

#3 yeya99

yeya99
      • 111 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:13 AM

How about the last week of Dec? Does that help because its closer to Jan? We are planning a wedding for Dec 30,2010

#4 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
        • 600 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:30 AM

November is the end of hurricane season. A lot of hotels only count the first week as low season. November receives about half as much rain as Aug-Oct. Here is a historical weather link.
          Cancun Weather

#5 simba1234

simba1234
          • 179 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:53 AM

If you go to this website you can check out historical weather for your location. It's pretty awesome because you can enter your exact wedding date and look at how the weather has been on that date for like the last 13 years. They even break it down by each hour of the day and tell you everything from the weather to humidity, wind gusts, precipitation, etc.

Weather History & Data Archive : Weather Underground

#6 simba1234

simba1234
            • 179 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:54 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by simba1234
              If you go to this website you can check out historical weather for your location. It's pretty awesome because you can enter your exact wedding date and look at how the weather has been on that date for like the last 13 years. They even break it down by each hour of the day and tell you everything from the weather to humidity, wind gusts, precipitation, etc.

Weather History & Data Archive : Weather Underground
              sorry for some reason the link didn't post the first time. Here it is: Weather History & Data Archive : Weather Underground

#7 delauren

delauren
              • 84 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

My fiance and I did our site visit last year over Thanksgiving and we had amazing weather - it rained one of the nights we were there but it was beautiful and temperate during the days!

#8 mc5363

mc5363
                • 315 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

I am getting married November 5th in Cancun. I just checked the historical weather for that day and it said that it has rained once in the past 13 years.

#9 Dina Ormando

Dina Ormando
                  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:31 AM

Did it rain in Cancun while you were there in Novemeber? Was that 2010? I'm getting married 11/6/11

#10 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
                    • 152 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:07 AM

I am getting married 12/1/12...so I hope you are wrong!  I claim sunny days for my entire wedding week ;-)  LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users