Jump to content

Photo

Mel's Dreams Cancun Wedding Review 8.13.09


  • Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#51 toriOary

toriOary
  • Site Supporter
  • 61 posts

    Posted 30 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

    Congratulations, you look beautiful! Can I ask you noted you gave in your chair bows? Did you bring them with you then? Did you bring extras (more then your amount of guests) and did they move them from the gazebo to your ceremony location for you?

    Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my budget straight!
    Thanks and congratulations once again,
    Tori

    #52 cubsfan

    cubsfan
    • Newbie
    • 72 posts

      Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams
      Mel - you looked absolutely gorgeous on your special day! Thank you so much for the great review. It will only help us future brides in our destination wedding journey. Can I ask what you did for your OOT bags? I'm trying to get some ideas.
      I am sorry its taken me so long to respond.... hope this helps!


      My OOT bags included:

      The following personalized stuff- which all ideas came from this forum!

      Personalized Luggage Tags ( got from Michaels and just printed insert on cardstock w/ guests names)

      Click the image to open in full size.

      Welcome Brochure (I believe I created it on Microsoft Publisher)
      Click the image to open in full size.
      Click the image to open in full size.

      Can Koozies (Bought plain white ones and ironed on our logo that I made on Powerpoint)
      Click the image to open in full size.

      Deck of Cards (Bought at Michaels for 1.00 and created insert and printed it on business cards

      Click the image to open in full size.

      Lanyard Key/Tip holders
      Click the image to open in full size.
      Click the image to open in full size.

      I also included:
      - Mini First Aid kits
      - tums
      - Aloe
      - sunblock w. high SPF (many people only brought low SPF and needed this!)
      - Ibuprofen

      That’s all I can think of right now, but if I remember more, I will let you know! I think that’s it actually!

      #53 cubsfan

      cubsfan
      • Newbie
      • 72 posts

        Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:39 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by toriOary
        Congratulations, you look beautiful! Can I ask you noted you gave in your chair bows? Did you bring them with you then? Did you bring extras (more then your amount of guests) and did they move them from the gazebo to your ceremony location for you?

        Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my budget straight!
        Thanks and congratulations once again,
        Tori
        Thank you! :) I still want to go back and do it all again!
        I got the chairbows search wedding linens direct. they were so cheap! I brought them with me and actually had extra bows. They came in packs of 10 so I had 20 down there. We only had 14 guests so we had some extras. Cecilia took it upon herself to take the extras and put them around the gazebo and also tie them on the posts during the reception. She also did move them from the gazebo to the ceremony location! It was perfectly done!

        #54 cubsfan

        cubsfan
        • Newbie
        • 72 posts

          Posted 06 December 2009 - 03:43 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by toriOary
          Congratulations, you look beautiful! Can I ask you noted you gave in your chair bows? Did you bring them with you then? Did you bring extras (more then your amount of guests) and did they move them from the gazebo to your ceremony location for you?

          Sorry for all the questions just trying to get my budget straight!
          Thanks and congratulations once again,
          Tori
          Here is the link to the sashes... check em out! they also came in a few days!
          They also have table sashes and other stuff to match.
          Organza Sash

          and dont apologize for the ?'s! Believe me, I was in your shoes once! haha. Just might take me a little bit to respond sometimes....

          #55 carolina24

          carolina24
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,573 posts

            Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

            hey mel, everything is beautiful! quick question, did you write your own vows or did you use theirs?

            #56 cubsfan

            cubsfan
            • Newbie
            • 72 posts

              Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:54 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by carolina24
              hey mel, everything is beautiful! quick question, did you write your own vows or did you use theirs?
              Hi Carolina!
              We just used theirs. We kept everything very easy and simple. :) I believe that I have read on this site that you can ask them for samples of different scripts they can use- they can email them to you? I never asked for it but you can always give it a shot!

              #57 carolina24

              carolina24
              • Sr. Member
              • 1,573 posts

                Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:09 PM

                yeah, I've written ours and really want to use them, but I don't know how it would go. I'm a little nervous b/c that's a complaint I've seen on the forum (you can't understand the person or they don't read English very well). We have family coming from three different countries and I really want them, and us, to understand the vows. Also, do they have you sign the certificate even if it was a symbolic wedding? We're getting married here first.
                Thanks for all the help!!

                #58 cubsfan

                cubsfan
                • Newbie
                • 72 posts

                  Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:19 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carolina24
                  yeah, I've written ours and really want to use them, but I don't know how it would go. I'm a little nervous b/c that's a complaint I've seen on the forum (you can't understand the person or they don't read English very well). We have family coming from three different countries and I really want them, and us, to understand the vows. Also, do they have you sign the certificate even if it was a symbolic wedding? We're getting married here first.
                  Thanks for all the help!!
                  If you want to have your own and are worried about the reading, I would maybe ask your WC for someone who is proficient in English? Yes, you sign a certificate during the symbolic ceremony after the sand ceremony but the certificate is just more of a suvenior (SPelling?) - we got married at home first too.

                  #59 JuneWeddingDreams

                  JuneWeddingDreams
                  • Banned
                  • 313 posts

                    Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:14 PM

                    Thanks Mel for all the info on you OOT bags...I really appreciate it!
                    Rob and Lindsey

                    24 Booked + Bride and Groom

                    www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

                    #60 toriOary

                    toriOary
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 61 posts

                      Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

                      Thanks for the info on the chair bows - your wedding was truly beautiful, I love your colors! You looked fantastic :)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users