Sign in to follow this  
JaimeLynne

Question for Dreams Cancun Brides

A) What month are you getting married

B) How much are your guests paying for their hotel stay (please include how many nights this includes, or just a per night price would be great!)

I'm having such a hard time trying to decide between locations!!! And now I'm thinking of doing it in December/January instead of June/July. These decisions are already driving me nuts! cheesy.gif

Thanks in advance for your responses!!!!! grouphug.gif

i don't have an answer for you but i giggled at your post. i can feel your frustration/curiosity/excitement in picking a location and just wanting to make sure you're picking the best one rolleyes.gif good luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvt View Post
i don't have an answer for you but i giggled at your post. i can feel your frustration/curiosity/excitement in picking a location and just wanting to make sure you're picking the best one rolleyes.gif good luck!!
Haha, thanks Tara! wink.gif

Feb 2,2008

Weather is icky here during that time ~ it should be wonderful in Cancun.

Don't know about the room pricing yet. My TA is working on the room block from the hotel.

:)

October 19th

I don't remember the exact price, I tried to find the email, but I must have deleted it. My mother is staying 5 nights & I think it was around 800 give or take a little (I also think she might have got oceanfront) My brothers may have been a little less, for 5 nights, I think around 650

sorry I'm not much help.

we also had a few friends book through orbitz and expedia. I know one couple is paying 1500 for 4 nights and airfare, so based on the cost of flights from here, I would say they're paying about 450 pp

finding a location SUCKS! I wanted to rip my hair out, its so much better when you're done with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilly76 View Post
October 19th

I don't remember the exact price, I tried to find the email, but I must have deleted it. My mother is staying 5 nights & I think it was around 800 give or take a little (I also think she might have got oceanfront) My brothers may have been a little less, for 5 nights, I think around 650

sorry I'm not much help.

we also had a few friends book through orbitz and expedia. I know one couple is paying 1500 for 4 nights and airfare, so based on the cost of flights from here, I would say they're paying about 450 pp

finding a location SUCKS! I wanted to rip my hair out, its so much better when you're done with it!
Actually that did help, thanks!

And yes it is VERY FRUSTRATING trying to find a location out of the MILLION or so out there. I swear, I'm going to have gray hair by my 25th birthday if I'm not careful...either that, or I'll be bald cheesy.gif

Jaime-

I'm a week before Jilly (Oct. 12). All of my guests that have booked so far have used expedia, travelocity, orbitz, etc. With airfare from Chicago or Milwaukee inlcuded, they are paying about $650-$720 per person for 4 days, 3 nights (Thursday-Sunday). Other guests are staying longer, so more $, but you get the idea.

Most of our friends are pretty travel saavy and comfortable with booking online. We kept a close eye on the flights and prices (and still do). Using an internet-based "agency" is such a game...prices can change drastically in a matter of minutes. It's up and down every day...so when you see something good you have to jump on it. Different flights and more seats open up all the time...so you really have to stay on it, but I think if you're diligent, it pays off. Not everyone is comfortable booking this way... so it's not for everyone, but prices are pretty impossible to beat if you know how to play the game :) Living so close to a major airport (Chicago) that has several daily flights to Cancun also helps.

Unfortunately most of my FH's family has not even been out of Texas. My family and my FH and I travel quite a bit. I wouldn't trust them to keep an eye out for deals. I guess it's just easier to use a TA sometimes.