Photo

Partying into the early morning?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Deighton

Deighton
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:02 PM

Is anyone doing a really late reception My fiance's family is from Mexico and all his cousin's weddings have gone until 4 or 5 am, so he wants that as well! I went to one in Monterrey in Feb, and the band played from 10 pm to 5 am! I'm just not sure how this works, or if it's even feasible in Cabo. Um...cost? Anyone?

#2 jak27

jak27
    • 715 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:15 PM

I think it all depends on where your reception is going to be. We are using a ballroom which connects to a large outdoor terrace so that we can have music as late as we want. We also might set up a karaoke lounge for after the band and have a lounge area to keep our late-night guests entertained.

I know some resorts only allow music until 10pm if it's outdoors. I've also read that some villa locations don't allow music past 10pm as well, except for the corridor.

I say go for it! Sounds like it'll be a blast!

#3 dragonfly

dragonfly
      • 1,820 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:27 PM

That will be like our friends and family. We are only allowed music till 10:30Pm, and then we wil all head to the resort disco (open til 4am), works for me, we won't have a huge dj bill at the end of the night.

Kelly~

#4 ajncooter

ajncooter
        • 983 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:05 PM

wow thats super late.. i guess it depends on what time the ceremony starts and reception starts... i went to a polish wedding that was 8 hours long... everyone was so drunk it was crazy!

#5 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

Sounds like my kind of party! LOL. I have no idea how you get away with doing this but can I be invited to your wedding b/c it sure sounds like fun. J/K

#6 Deighton

Deighton
            • 87 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:19 PM

It's going to be a mega-partay! The more the merrier...come on in!! :-)

#7 tvt

tvt
              • VIP Member
              • 4,812 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:51 PM

holy smokes! that is one late party! i would never make it that late! ours ends at 1030... but because our guests have to take a boat back (1 hr ride) and don't want to force people to stay out.

but i'm still jealous that you'll have a crazy long wedding party!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users