Photo

Wedding Dresses

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#11 inspiredfyre

inspiredfyre
  • 304 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:25 AM

it's whatever you feel most comfortable in! I just advise not getting anything that's too heavy, in case you decide to do a ttd, it'll get super weighed down!

-Sharon

http://tickers.Ticke....744b/event.pnghttp://i665.photobuc....r-05-low-1.jpg

#12 Tonir

Tonir
    • 283 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:27 AM

Good point about TTD - also you won't want it to heavy in case it's hot. You don't want to pass out at your own wedding or be distracted during your vows because you can only think about how much you are sweating! :

#13 karenk77

karenk77
      • 369 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:33 AM

whats ttd..why do i seem liek the only person that doesnt know any of these acronyms lol

#14 KarenM

KarenM
        • 1,920 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:11 AM

I'm not sure what I'd categorize mine as. I thought I'd end up w/ a beachy chiffon dress, but never loved any of them. And like you, K, like all my dresses are flowy w/ empire waists so maybe that's why I didn't feel as special in them. I ended up w/ what I was first attracted to though - lace in a sheath/trumpet style. So maybe Mexico-beachy? I dunno.
          David's Bridal - Allover beaded lace trumpet gown with empire waist and cap sleeves.

Oh, and K, I also just posted a response on your NY brides thread about TTD.

#15 karenk77

karenk77
          • 369 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

thank you!!

#16 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
            • 734 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

I had the same question going through my mind when I went wedding dress shopping and I ultimately decided on a dress that I loved!!! Even though its a beach wedding it is still your wedding and you shouldn't turn down the glam because its on the beach.
              http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
              http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#17 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
              • 393 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:00 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KarenM
                I'm not sure what I'd categorize mine as. I thought I'd end up w/ a beachy chiffon dress, but never loved any of them. And like you, K, like all my dresses are flowy w/ empire waists so maybe that's why I didn't feel as special in them. I ended up w/ what I was first attracted to though - lace in a sheath/trumpet style. So maybe Mexico-beachy? I dunno.
                David's Bridal - Allover beaded lace trumpet gown with empire waist and cap sleeves.

Oh, and K, I also just posted a response on your NY brides thread about TTD.
                I love this dress! What material is it? Do you know if the material breaths? That is my main concern.

#18 meghan

meghan
                • 832 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

My plan was to get a beachy dress, but once I tried them on, I just didn't feel the "wow" with the beach dresses so I now have a traditional dress. Italian silk, with a really big skirt.

#19 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
                  • 393 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TheFutureMrs.Sears
                    I had the same question going through my mind when I went wedding dress shopping and I ultimately decided on a dress that I loved!!! Even though its a beach wedding it is still your wedding and you shouldn't turn down the glam because its on the beach.

Here's a dress that I am considering. It is silk chiffon and is so light weight and comfortable, yet it is very elegant. Take a look at the beads on the back of the dress. I love it! I'm still looking a bit. But this one is nice because it still looks flattering but is light weight. Thought I would share with anyone struggling on light weight vs. glam!

I think this dress has both!

Caprice - by Maggie Sottero

#20 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
                    • 443 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 02:07 PM

When I tell the consultants at the bridal shops that it is a destination wedding they steer me towards taffeta and organza gowns, they said NO SILK since it is really hot and silk will show sweat if it is form fitting. I don't want a heavy gown just because it will be hot but I do not know the style... I love so many traditional but I love the beachy ones too! how do you decide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users