• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#61 finleys7

finleys7
  • 703 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karenk77
    Hey, just wanted to ask you guys that live in NY where you went looking for your dresses?
    Thanks!

Karen,

Here is the link from a thread I posted about the same.

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t44433

Hope this helps, good luck shopping!!!
    Shannon

YEAH---We Did It! **May 1st, 2010**
    Our Wedding SlideShowMy Wedding Review - Iberostar Paraiso Del Mar http://bestdestinati....-2010-a-58966/My Planning Threadhttp://bestdestinati...ding.com/fo....

#62 Michelle613

Michelle613
    • 331 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

In Brooklyn there's a few places on Sheepshead Bay Road--Monica's Bridal, Galit, and another two stores (I forgot their names.)
      Michelle & Arsen
      Dreams Cancun June 10, 2010http://img.weddingco...r/qmwm5sy8q.png

#63 karenk77

karenk77
      • 369 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

Yea I actually had a bridesmaid dress made at galit for another wedding and it was horrible..honestly? I think shes over priced and i'm not even crazy about her stuff, and the one dress i had made considering i went there for like 10 fittings wasnt even done right..I was in monicas yesterday lol..nothin i was crazy about either. The other store you're talking about is off voorhies(near the liquor store) but its custom, and I didnt feel like going through the whole custom made thing, but I went in anyway and she has beautiful ideas if you're looking for custom made she had sick stuff..not sure if you got your dress yet
        but thanks :)

#64 terri1225

terri1225
        • 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:41 AM

Quote:
          Yea I actually had a bridesmaid dress made at galit for another wedding and it was horrible..honestly? I think shes over priced and i'm not even crazy about her stuff, and the one dress i had made considering i went there for like 10 fittings wasnt even done right..I was in monicas yesterday lol..nothin i was crazy about either. The other store you're talking about is off voorhies(near the liquor store) but its custom, and I didnt feel like going through the whole custom made thing, but I went in anyway and she has beautiful ideas if you're looking for custom made she had sick stuff..not sure if you got your dress yet
          but thanks :)
          I am from NY also and don't know where to begin looking for a dress. I definitely would love a custom one of a kind dress. Do you know the name of the store that makes the custom dresses. Thanks.
          52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

#65 karenk77

karenk77
          • 369 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 01:26 AM

Omg you have to go to pronovias in the city they have the sickest dresses ever!!!
            the place i was talking about with custom i think its called satin & lace..actually i have the card hold on....lmao i just said hold on because i moved away from the computer wtf is wrong with me?? what a dork!
            Anyway the store is called lace & satin, its on voorhies ave in sheepshead..not sure where in bk u are?
            but! before u do all that go on the pronovias site..i just got a dress from there they have ridiculous stuff and super reasonably priced and the sales girl was amazing and hooked me up..if you want to go there its on 52& 5th..pm me and ill give you her info

#66 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Karen... glad you found the dress! What is the price range for the dresses at Pronovias?
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#67 Stamperamma

Stamperamma
              • 432 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:10 AM

These dresses are all so beautiful, you willall shine on your day.

#68 karenk77

karenk77
                • 369 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:46 AM

Sheree- thanks!!
                  They go anywhere from like 1500-maybe like 6 tops? but all the ones that i tried where like between 1800-2800, and it was hard deciding because they are all so beautiful..they look much more then they cost

#69 terri1225

terri1225
                  • 184 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

Quote:
                    Omg you have to go to pronovias in the city they have the sickest dresses ever!!!
                    the place i was talking about with custom i think its called satin & lace..actually i have the card hold on....lmao i just said hold on because i moved away from the computer wtf is wrong with me?? what a dork!
                    Anyway the store is called lace & satin, its on voorhies ave in sheepshead..not sure where in bk u are?
                    but! before u do all that go on the pronovias site..i just got a dress from there they have ridiculous stuff and super reasonably priced and the sales girl was amazing and hooked me up..if you want to go there its on 52& 5th..pm me and ill give you her info
                    Thanks!!! I looked on the pronovias web site and I fell in love with a couple of dresses. I will definitely check them out first. My wedding is not until next August and I still want to drop a couple of pounds. So I figured that I would start looking in December. I'm in East Flatbush....u? Which dress did you decide on?
                    52 Adults and 11 Children Booked!!

#70 damaris

damaris
                    • 462 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:22 AM

Just in case anyone is interested Pronovias is having a runway show on Sept 19th. You have to make an appt. But I agree with Karenk77 there dresses are gorgeous.
                      65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users