NY Bridal shoppers

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by finleys7 View Post
I don't know about the plus sizes, but a few stores I went to are close to the city on Long Island. Beautiful Bride in Lynbrook, Bridal Center in Lynbrook, Lilette's in Bellmore and where I got mine...Elena Bridal in Merrick.

RK was a little much for me, my consultant was a mess and didn't listen to a word I said. I am sooo glad that you had a good experience.
Good luck, it's a pretty dress.
Thank you for the suggestions...I'm going to call these places and see if they have plus-size samples. It seems as though Long Island has quite a few places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuteliya View Post
Is RK Bridal really that much cheaper than alot of places in bridal and everything else? Do you guys know if they have gowns to buy on the spot like samples or are they only special order?
What's great is that they have prices in all price categories. In my case, I simply pulled dresses off of the rack that I liked when I first got there without regard to price and the three that I liked best and which are all options were priced from $650 to $1,200. I would have never guessed that they were that inexpensive. I don't think that they are as cheap as David's Bridals, but they have great price points.

Also...they have the matching price guarantee...if you find your dress on-line for less, they will give it to you at that price plus 5% less!!! It is however considered to be their no-frills program and they will not fit you...you have to take the dress and do alterations elsewhere.

I don't know if you can buy gowns on the spot...they all looked like samples to me.

I am looking for a light weight destination wedding dress - sheath or mermaid with sweep train and sweatheart or spaghetti strap neckline for under $1500. Im in NYC and didn't find anything at RK let me know if anyone has suggestions or pics!! Im running out of time.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorimc52 View Post
I am looking for a light weight destination wedding dress - sheath or mermaid with sweep train and sweatheart or spaghetti strap neckline for under $1500. Im in NYC and didn't find anything at RK let me know if anyone has suggestions or pics!! Im running out of time.

Thanks
Have you tried Pronovias or Bridal Reflections yet? Everyone I run into has nothing but good things to say about Pronovias...not sure about the price points though. There are three Bridal Reflections stores...one in the city and two in Long Island.

Hi ladies, I don't know if you are planning on having OOT bags or want to get the ladies pashminas, but I found some great bargains in the wholesale district. Key chains $6/12, pashminas 12/$27, ID holders $6/17, veils, headpieces $28-$100, cute wedding clutches $20. T-shirts with most of our destinations on them, real touch flowers, table decorations, votives, floating candles..I could go on and on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdaybride View Post
Hi ladies, I don't know if you are planning on having OOT bags or want to get the ladies pashminas, but I found some great bargains in the wholesale district. Key chains $6/12, pashminas 12/$27, ID holders $6/17, veils, headpieces $28-$100, cute wedding clutches $20. T-shirts with most of our destinations on them, real touch flowers, table decorations, votives, floating candles..I could go on and on!
This is a great idea. I saw some CUTE items in the wholesale district in passing recently. I went to the wholesale district looking for real touch flowers but did not find any. I was in the flower district. I plan on having OOT bags and have picked up only one item so far...have to take a trip back to the wholesale district.

BTW...the name of that New Jersey Bridal shop that I was looking for is called Bridal by Roma in Clifton, New Jersey:

Bridals by Roma

I'm going to call and ask them about their selection tomorrow. The only thing is...I have seen some very mixed reviews about them on-line. Anyone been to this store?

Quote:
Originally Posted by classadiva View Post
Well...another store that does not have plus-sized samples in anything other than A-line dresses!! URGH!!! Guess I will not be going to Bridals by Roma...sorry to vent...but this is BEYOND frustrating!!
I can only imagine! stick in there, I am sure you will find something that you will fall in love with