Sign in to follow this  
Vikki

Ouch...just saw the sample video of the resort videographer

I am not impressed.

I really wanted a video but after seeing this I think I'm going to pass.

MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

What do you think? Would you pay several hundred dollars for that?

(Oh and just to be clear-I'm not criticizing the couple-just the mechanics :-)

I can't seem to get the video to work, could just be my computer sometimes it likes to be difficult.

Why don't you just have a family or friend video tape the wedding for you. Why spend all that money if you are not happ with their service

We're actually thinking about that. We only have a small group though so I'm not sure if that will work.

However, the video you aren't able to see has very little footage of the actual ceremony that couldn't be achieved with a tripod and someone to just turn the camera.

I don't think the camera used for this was even on a tripod, it's shaking the whole time.

I just didn't want to have the extra expense of purchasing a video camera, but FI reminded me we'll want it eventually for that next big life event so we can keep the grandparents up to date :-)

holy smokes! How much is the charge? It's obvious they were playing for time with all the graphics and transition effects! 18 minutes?

Wow, I should set up shop down there myself!

Well, I think we solved the issue. We bought a camera this weekend. I've been wanting a new one for a while and with the appropriate lens and a tripod this will do what we're looking for-we may sacrifice some audio quality but I'm willing to do that, especially to have the rest of the functionality the new camera provides.

I know our video won't compare with a professional but since that's not available we're going to do the best to work with what we can.

we paid $300 for our video and it was def not the best work that i've seen but i'm happy yo have it...the wedding was all a big blur so it's nice to be able to go back and watch it again