Wisdom Teeth Removal/Illness Update!

So I think I figured out why I've been so sick for the past month!

Where I had my dry socket the tissue started to turn white this week and it was still tasting bad and swollen so I made an appointment with the Oral Surgeon today...

Turns out there was a piece of medicated dressing that they had left in there!!!!!!! The doctor was HORRIFIED! He said he knew this has happened before but he can't remember the last time it did. He is an excellent doctor - this was just some sort of freak accident.

Anyways, they paid for my antibiotics and had me take 2 while I was there so I should be getting better soon.

(P.S. for those who don't know the whole story I've been pretty sick off and on the past month - from extreme headaches w/dizziness to sinus-like infection, ear aches, very swollen glands, fever, etc.) Glad to know the cause FINALLY!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

omg, Jaime... that's kinda scary! At least they found the problem. So the doc said that's why you've been getting these headaches and stuff? That's so crazy! So much for "don't worry about it Courtney, getting your wisdom teeth out isn't that bad" haha. wink.gif Hopefully you have a speedy recovery... and no more complications!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
omg, Jaime... that's kinda scary! At least they found the problem. So the doc said that's why you've been getting these headaches and stuff? That's so crazy! So much for "don't worry about it Courtney, getting your wisdom teeth out isn't that bad" haha. wink.gif Hopefully you have a speedy recovery... and no more complications!
Well, I didn't actually tell him about how sick I've been. I was SCARED in there! As soon as he found the bandage, he didn't say a word except "get her into the operating room". They slapped a blood pressure cuff on me and I was so nervous it was like 150+/120+ (It finally dropped back to somewhat normal once I figured out I was gonna be ok and it wasn't anything I did wrong, lol). He is normally such a happy, jovial old man it really scared me when he wasn't saying anything! But everything that was bothering me when I was sick was all on my right side (same side where the dry socket was) so it makes sense that it's all connected. I knew he felt so horrible that I didn't want to make him feel worse! (I know, I'm a big sap lol) I have a follow up appointment next Tues and my Grandma told me to tell him everything else that's been going on with me sick wise just to let him know and see if he thinks that caused it. I'm pretty sure it at least contributed to it - my body was just like WTF is THIS thing?!? lol Anyways, I'm very relieved and glad to be on some antibiotics finally.

Oh yeah, and if you DO get a dry socket for whatever reason, and they put the clove bandage in there and then can't find it for whatever reason just be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary. This is what happened to me, and they just thought that it had come out on its own. Apparently this is a total freak accident tho so don't let it worry you! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayBug View Post
That is really good news and bad news at the same time. I really hate going to the dentist. I think they are horrible people. All though I did find a really nice dentist that did my root canal. Thank god for him!!!!
Ooh that's how I found my super awesome dentist too! He's so cool. When I had my two root canals done, he called the next day (HE called, not his receptionist!) to see how I was doing... and then I got a card in the mail about a week later! It was really nice - plus he's a good dentist too! lol He gave me free x-rays because he felt sorry for me! lol, those are expensive!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nini_Bride View Post
Ooh that's how I found my super awesome dentist too! He's so cool. When I had my two root canals done, he called the next day (HE called, not his receptionist!) to see how I was doing... and then I got a card in the mail about a week later! It was really nice - plus he's a good dentist too! lol He gave me free x-rays because he felt sorry for me! lol, those are expensive!!
That's how this guys is - he's awesome! I wish he could be my regular dentist!!!