Photo

We did it-a church wedding in dominican!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 caribbeanLover

caribbeanLover
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:25 PM

Congrats!!! you looked beautiful and soo happy!!! good question about the dress and the presit!!! some wouldn't marry you here either if you didn't have sleeves, or if you had a tattoo showing!!
    http://i1002.photobu..../img-239-1.jpg http://i1002.photobu....0/img-21-1.jpg
    Tracy and Mike

Married and in love all over again!!!!!!
    Happily ever after...

#12 burkadaniels

burkadaniels
    • 18 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:29 AM

Although he was very strict on the paperwork that needed to be completed before we arrived and having all the information from our witnesses, he was alright with the shoulders showing (even though I did have something in case he did not) It was also 33 degrees and he had fans for us :)

#13 cutedimplestee

cutedimplestee
      • 487 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:00 PM

Congrats!!! Everything was beautiful.

#14 beachbum

beachbum
        • 351 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

Congrats!! Once you sent him the paperwork, did you meet with the priest before the wedding again? Did you create programs before you left, and basically knew what the ceremony would be like?

#15 burkadaniels

burkadaniels
          • 18 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:41 AM

We never met with him before the ceremony. We did speak on the phone a few times and he was always very helpful. I did have programs made before I left, we communicated a lot by email and therefore he sent me what was in a program and I chose the readings. There is a book you can get it is called Together for Life and it has all the choices for readings from both the first and second testament. It was a god sent. I ordered it online to Chapters. Our wedding coordinator was excellent, she did the rehearsal for us and walked us through everything and was in the church the day of the wedding. 90% ofthe Dominican people are catholic so they are all pretty much in the know of what is going on!

#16 kalikid4life

kalikid4life
            • 4 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:40 PM

Can you post what hotel and the name of the wedding coordinator in Punta Cana? I am going crazy with the hotels. Trying to get married at a church in June/July 2010 and have been in a verbal fight with both Dreams resorts in PC.

#17 Patti

Patti
              • 555 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:06 PM

Your wedding was beautiful and so were you. Congratulations!!

#18 burkadaniels

burkadaniels
                • 18 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:46 PM

Her Name Is INOSKA ROSARIO (WC) and it was at the Paradisus Punta Cana!
                  The Priest's name is Father Jean Lacaille and the church is called Nuestra Senora de Punta Cana (Our Lady of Punta Cana)

#19 alkoch

alkoch
                  • 515 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 07:24 PM

I loved your video!! You looked beautiful!! It makes me want to get a videographer! I am having a catholic ceremony in Puerto Vallarta and I am working on my programs right now! Thanks for the tips.

#20 elizabethrodriguez314

elizabethrodriguez314
                    • 232 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:44 PM

Thanks so much for making this thread so much usefull information and it is hard with dreams to do changes and make your wedding unique it seems that they like it simple and very easy....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users