Photo

White wedding

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
  • 706 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:58 AM

I'm doing an entire white wedding. My FI and I wanted something pretty simple and understated. My guests have been great and are all ok with wearing white except for 1 person. My invitations asked that everyone think "white chic" so for those that didn't know they simply asked. I'm sure some will wear off white or ligher shades. In the end, I'm just happy people are coming so whatever they turn up with will be fine. I'll post pics but not getting hitched til Jan so probably won't help you in the interim with your decision.

#12 Tonir

Tonir
    • 283 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Haha I'm still a New Kids fan so I'm not sure that's a bad thing to have them look like them haha :)

#13 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
      • 336 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:26 AM

I think that a white wedding is a really cool idea. And the photos look amazing. If you wanted to stand out you could through a splash of color on your dress, a sash maybe?
        Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
        http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
        http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#14 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
        • 303 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

Thanks so much! I still have a while to decide but I am trying to be prepared so I am on the hunt for pics to help me to see what it looks like.
          Thanks for the suggestions about sashes and flowers- great idea. (I am not a spotlight hog but I figured that for 1 day I might not have to blend in....)
          Buttefly - I cant wait to see your pics. Good luck (lets home that the one person doesnt wear bright red or something lol)

#15 vlynnw

vlynnw
          • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

The white weddings look awesome and make great pictures! I don't think you could go wrong with but just add color like mentioned either with a sash or your flowers. If you're going to use hair flowers you could even think about using a color as opposed to white to help you stand out more.
            Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#16 Butterflyf369

Butterflyf369
            • 706 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by dawnkyeknod
              Thanks so much! I still have a while to decide but I am trying to be prepared so I am on the hunt for pics to help me to see what it looks like.
              Thanks for the suggestions about sashes and flowers- great idea. (I am not a spotlight hog but I figured that for 1 day I might not have to blend in....)
              Buttefly - I cant wait to see your pics. Good luck (lets home that the one person doesnt wear bright red or something lol)
              Thanks. My FI and I have talked about photoshopping her dress to white LOL.

#17 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
              • 303 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

That is so funny , Butterfly :) You have to love photoshop!

Why is she being like that anyway? Maybe she should just stay home....

#18 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                • 600 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:36 PM

Thank you. It really was a beautiful ceremony. Butterfly, have you shown her pictures of what you are going for? We got a lot of flack and questions when we first told everyone, but then we showed them the pictures and everyone completely bought in. Our photographer even stopped at a roadside stand and bought pants the day before the wedding so that he could be part of the fun.

#19 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
                  • 600 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

I just saw reviews of a white and beige wedding
                    http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t48435

Also, someone mentioned that there were only a few shots of our ceremony. Here is the full set. FYI: We got a ton of pics, so don't feel like you have to look at them all.
                    Wedding Photos - a set on Flickr

#20 dawnkyeknod

dawnkyeknod
                    • 303 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

malisa - beautiful ! you look like you had a great time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users