Sign in to follow this  
~Keira~

A new baby? Yippie? NOT!!

Alright ladies, I'm a little wound up about this, though I probably shouldn't be.

Little bit of background before I get to issue at hand. My FI has 2 sisters and a bother. I also have 2 sisters (just met this year mind you) and a brother. There has been a baby boom this year with FI's brother, older sister and both my sisters announcing their pregnant. 4 new babies, who wouldn't be excited??

Anyways, FI's brothers wife is a censored.gif. I don't know how things got to where they are now. We're at a place now that Dee (the dredded FSIL) has blocked me, FI, and FI's older sister (blocked because she is expecting too) from facebook and any other form of contact we have.

Here is the part that gets me. Dee's baby was due on September 1st. We heard through the grapevine that the baby was breech and they might have to do a C-section. On August 21st, baby Amalie (sp?) was born. When did we find out? 2 days later in an e-mail from my FFIL. When my FMIL asked when she could see her new grand daughter she was told "oh it's going to be a while." WTF!! They live about a half hour away and they're telling a grandmother she can't go see her first borns, first born! I am stunned that Fi's brother is allowing that to happen.

Sorry for wittering on it's just been eating away at me. Why not let your family in on your happy news. How can a man let his wife dictate what he's allowed to tell his family?? I just don't get it!

Well I guess I'll just have to suck it up and see her when I get to see her. On the bright side my sister Vickie is due in 8 weeks so I'll have a baby then that I can fuss over. I just feel bad for FMIL and FFIL more then anything.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

Oh, that's just bad. I could totally see my SIL doing this. She can be so mean to my mother. I don't blame you for being pissed.

Wow! Keira, that is horrible! Sounds like your FSIL is a total crazy person!! However, I wonder why your FI's brother hasn't stepped in and told his parents to just come and see the baby. I know some people are very private but it doesn't seem like this is the case...especially with blocking you all from Facebook! I'm sure you'll see the baby soon enough but I can't even imagine what your future in-laws must be feeling right now. It just sucks all around.

At any rate, I hope it all works out and congrats to you Auntie Keira!!! Keep us posted!

thats crap.they do say there is nothing as weird as families?i think there are lots of psycho/weird ladies out there too.but he must let her get away with it?

it won,t be long before you are a true auntie hehe

that's awful. She really sounds like a bitch. But what's up with your fbil? He needs to grow a pair and stick up for his family. I blame him more than her because its his family and he's just letting her treat them like crap and lose all contact.

Thanks ladies. It makes me feel better to know that you're on my side. I just hate that it's not my side of the family because I would surely be more vocal about my distaste for their decissions.