Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dst10spr97

AHR Wedding Favors

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelZavs20 View Post
our AHR is pretty formal...and a bit beachy - kind of trying to bring the beach to those that couldnt make it to our cancun wedding.
Sooo, we went back and forth about different favors as well and finally came up with "beach in a bag"...we are taking organza bags, putting some unrefind sugar in them (for the sand), three mini chocolate seashells, and two chocolate dipped sand dollar cookies with a little thank you tag. the great part is that we have a great friend who is a great baker and is home making all the chocolate and cookies so it will save us alot of cash!! we found it practical, and hopefully a great snack after a night of drinking!
Love that idea! I found these palm tree favor boxes I was thinking of ordering and filling with some sort of candy to keep the theme. I really wish I could start ordering stuff now, but I can only guess the number of people that will be there, and my luck I'll estimate to low and then won't be able to find the boxes anymore!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the candy buffet idea... i wish we were doing something fun like that. My FI and I decided that we would have cards printed with my grandmothers picture saying "in lieu of favors, the bride and groom have made a donation to the american heart association". that was the first detail of the wedding that we decided on actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting some cone shaped cello bags and filling them with candy (smarties in half of them...they are like m&m's to all you US girls!! A fave here in Canada! and mini chicklets in the other half) We are going to tie with a ribbon and put a little card that says "You're so SWEET to join us today!" We will alternate that half the table gets the smarties and half get the gum. It wont be much money at all for these, I imagine under $1.50 each including the bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great ideas on here ladies, but I am looking for something else, I just don't know what. Maybe some of you can help. We are just having a BBQ at the park with friends and family. We want to keep it casual, so I don't even know if favours are required. We don't want gifts/money, just to spend time with our friends and family. Our parents are providing burgers and hot dogs, and then we asked the guests to bring a snack/treat or drink per family. It is so casual, my FI doesn't think we need anything, but I worry about people who might expect something. Should we do favours, and if so, any suggestions??

 

What do you thinkhuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jenn,

We are having a BBQ as well for our AHR. When is your BBQ? What did you do for your invitaions...if you gave out invitations. I'm on the fence about whether or not to give out favours. I want it o be very casual and I just want everybody to be there to celebrate with us....no gifts either.

 

Jessica

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenninjamaica View Post
Great ideas on here ladies, but I am looking for something else, I just don't know what. Maybe some of you can help. We are just having a BBQ at the park with friends and family. We want to keep it casual, so I don't even know if favours are required. We don't want gifts/money, just to spend time with our friends and family. Our parents are providing burgers and hot dogs, and then we asked the guests to bring a snack/treat or drink per family. It is so casual, my FI doesn't think we need anything, but I worry about people who might expect something. Should we do favours, and if so, any suggestions??

 

What do you thinkhuh.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I know this thread is old, but I just figured I'd post what we're doing for our AHR favors for good measure!

 

Since our AHR is a bit more traditional/formal than casual, I wanted something that looked sort of "polished and tied together" (without me having to do a lot of hands-on work in the process!) and I found these really cute seashell/beach themed candle sets for about $1.65 a piece (if you order between 45-95, I believe):

 

If anyone is interested in these, here's the website:

 

Seaside Tealight Candle Set (20031YL)

 

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaANDJermaine View Post
Hi Jenn,
We are having a BBQ as well for our AHR. When is your BBQ? What did you do for your invitaions...if you gave out invitations. I'm on the fence about whether or not to give out favours. I want it o be very casual and I just want everybody to be there to celebrate with us....no gifts either.

Jessica

Our party is July 24th. Since my Husband is planning it and he wants it to be uber casual, he just did a facebook event page and made phone calls. Since its just family and friends its easy to spread the word.

When is your BBQ? Are you wearing your wedding dress?? I haven't decided. I know lots of people want me too so they can see it in person, but I want to be casual too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jen,

Ours is Aug 14th and going to be very casual as well we may even be doing some outdoor games for the kids and hopefully get the adults involved as well. I just has an awesome inexpensive idea for a BBQ favor. I'm going to get cheap Tongs or a BBQ spatula...hopefully i can find these at the dollar store and attach a little jar (a little spice jar from the dollar store) of Chicken BBQ seasoning that you can get in bulk from costco/sam's club....Tie them together with a cute ribbon and voila!!! I think it will be very inexpensive and it is something that everybody can use. I'm hoping to find the supplies tonight or tommorow and put a little sample together. I figured there are a lot of our friends and family that could not attend ther wedding but have given us gifts and so i would like to give them a little something as well...

 

As for the dress a lot of people have asked me the same thing....I feel kind of awkward because it is so casual.....however i think it would be fun to wear a gain even for a little while and take pictures with people that were not at the wedding :)

 

We'll see

Jessica

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenninjamaica View Post

Our party is July 24th. Since my Husband is planning it and he wants it to be uber casual, he just did a facebook event page and made phone calls. Since its just family and friends its easy to spread the word.

 

When is your BBQ? Are you wearing your wedding dress?? I haven't decided. I know lots of people want me too so they can see it in person, but I want to be casual too!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our is September 25. We are doing a Fiesta - having fajitas, margaritas, a keg, wedding cake. We are going to make a Mexican/Tex-Mex recipe book for each family attending. I emailed everyone who went to the wedding in Mexico for recipes. We are going to also do pinatas and will have lots of dress up outfits for the kiddos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×