Photo

question about my dress and what the groom should wear

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
  • 653 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:47 AM

I agree, suit for sure will match your dress better. Let your FI decide tie or no tie.
    I am thinking of a long sleeved shirt for our GMs but with the cuffs rolled up a little.

#12 Tisha316

Tisha316
    • 71 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 10:57 AM

I love the Caprice...def in my top ten and affordable!! I like casual rolled up white shirt and khaki pant for the boys:)

#13 shoyum

shoyum
      • 159 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

Great ideas! I'm thinking white shirt and beige color pants.

#14 KarenM

KarenM
        • 1,920 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:05 PM

Hey girls. Check out this thread on what guys are wearing. It's really helpful for ideas.
          http://bestdestinati...com/forum/t1058

#15 DEH83

DEH83
          • 88 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:58 PM

This is my dress as well! I just ordered it last week. I too was wondering about what my fiancĀ© should wear and was initially thinking a linen suit, but we decided against it in the end, because the linen can wrinkle a lot, and he'll be more comfrotable in something not as heavy. We went with cotton pants from Banana republic, not quite brown and not quite tan, and a shirt from there as well, that has cuffs built in to roll the shirt up to the elbows. It looks really sharp, and dressy enough, yet casual. I find that as long as you buy good quality clothing, even if it is casual, it will still look classy enough to be beside such a wonderful dress!
            April 21st, 2010

#16 Tisha316

Tisha316
            • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by DEH83
              This is my dress as well! I just ordered it last week. I too was wondering about what my fiancĀ© should wear and was initially thinking a linen suit, but we decided against it in the end, because the linen can wrinkle a lot, and he'll be more comfrotable in something not as heavy. We went with cotton pants from Banana republic, not quite brown and not quite tan, and a shirt from there as well, that has cuffs built in to roll the shirt up to the elbows. It looks really sharp, and dressy enough, yet casual. I find that as long as you buy good quality clothing, even if it is casual, it will still look classy enough to be beside such a wonderful dress!
              So what exactly is the style number for this shirt w/ the built in rollup sleeves...exactly what I was thinking...tell me more about the pants too:) Thanks for your help!

#17 SDbeachgirl

SDbeachgirl
              • 393 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Tisha316
                So what exactly is the style number for this shirt w/ the built in rollup sleeves...exactly what I was thinking...tell me more about the pants too:) Thanks for your help!
                I'm interested in this too. Is it shown on the website?

#18 meghan

meghan
                • 832 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:28 PM

I thikn a linen suit would be nice.

#19 blumenthale

blumenthale
                  • 242 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:24 PM

Suit, your dress has such clean lines. Linen would look too wrinkled and crumpled. I thought a linen outfit for my guy would be nice, but after making him try on some options, all I thought was, great he looks like he slept in that. We are going with a tan suit, then he can ditch the jacket after the ceremony. The grooms men will just have dress shirts and tan pants. Try Men's wearhouse they have all the summer stuff on sale.

#20 FutureMrsRell

FutureMrsRell
                    • 82 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

Does anyone have a picture of yourself in the dress? This is the the first dress I LOVED, but I haven't been able to try it on... I only saw it online and in the book. The bridal store ordered it, but it won't be here until December. I'm dieing to try it on and would love to see someone else in it... other than the model!

I also can't decide what the guys are all going to wear... I think a suit would look the best, yet I don't want him to be uncomfortable/miserable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users