Sign in to follow this  
vlynnw

How should I ask my best friend to be my MOH?

My best friend and I have been friends since we were 5. Our relationship has truly conquered everything even though we went to separate colleges and she now lives in Luxembourg.

Here's my situation, this past June her and her FI were back here in the states for their engagement party and her college graduation. While they were here (also stayed in town for my b-day) she had arranged a huge scavenger hunt all across our home town with my now FI and both our families involved. After sending me all across town to find balloons and figure out puzzles to clues she sent me back to our grade school playground where we first met with a card stuck in the sand asking me to be her MOH. Then she jumped out of nowhere snapping pictures, it was quite elaborate.

I'm not trying to figure out a very creative fun way to also ask her to be my MOH, the only problem is i'm not sure how to go about this since the only time I'm going to be seeing her in person before my own wedding is at her wedding this January in Thailand.

We're planning on using the same charm on our bouquets to kind of incorporate our friendship in our weddings, so I'm not sure if that would be a good idea to ask her while I'm giving her the charm or something. If anyone has suggestions or has heard/done something different to ask their MOH to be in their wedding please share!

When I asked my MOH, I made a little book for her with pictures of us from the time we were little up until now. For the last picture in the book, I had made a little card that said "Will you be my maid of honor" or something like that. So I took a picture of it and put it in the book, so when she was done flipping through all the pictures she saw it. Not incredibly creative or elaborate, but it's something she can keep.

not to take her idea from her, that she has done for you but could you fly to see her as a surprise?!.. make it a game, kinda like she did.. idk!! sorry im racking my brain right now for you though. I love how creative she was!

Thanks girls, the ideas are definitely helping! kellynadam2010 - I may look into the book idea. I would love to suprise her, I just don't know If i'm going to be able to - maybe I'll have an idea after I figure out how many miles this Thailand trip is going to get me.

That's what I'm trying to go for doing it in Thailand, it's going to be on Koh Sumai island. I have about one week on site before the actual wedding. Now I'm just not sure if I should do it before the Wedding or day of or after.

There are some great places around Koh Samui - Maybe either at the gold buddha or there is an awesome butterfly farm there too. You could make something butterfly themed or at the markets (near the buddha) have something pre prepared and say oohh look at this I might buy it and it has "will you be my MOH" written on it?? just a few ideas. Hope it helps.