ASP WC Correspondence

On June 3, I asked about the occupancy and how the resort was holding up after the swine flu craziness...(we were actually considering canceling!). Yazmin responded on the 11th:

HI Rachel ,

we are better now but yes the occupancy is very low , however the activities continuo open here at the resort , the disco its open, the bars, we only close one restaurant (the buffete) , and we still have shows including the fireshow on wednesdays , and Mundaca its open .

if you have any other questions please let me know

regards

yazmin

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 22, I asked some last minute questions, she replied on the 23rd:

Hi Yazmin,

We're just making sure we have everything as we leave in a few weeks. I have a few more questions...

What documents do we need to have? We have our birth certificates, but I thought I read somewhere about "apostille" documents. What are they and do we need them?[Yazmin Perez] we don’t need the apostilles any more , jus birth certificates , passports , and tourist cards (you will receive this ones once you arrive at the county )

I am bringing my own bouquet, but I think a bouquet comes in the free package. Is there any way I could substitute a hair flower or throwing petals instead of the bouquet?[Yazmin Perez] on the free wedding package there is NOT a bouquet included , but you can adda flowres for your hair $30 usd , or rose petals for the aisle $45 usd , just let me know

Do you know the name of the minister who will be marrying us? I am making programs and wanted to print his name if we knew it. If not, it's not a big deal.[Yazmin Perez] is a Judge and his name is Raúl Herrera

Do we need to bring any money in pesos or can we pay for everything with our credit card? I want to be able to exchange money before we get there if I need to.[Yazmin Perez] you can pay for everithing at the hotel with your credit card , you may need cash but we also take us dollars almost everywhere

When do our witnesses need to arrive by?[Yazmin Perez] at the same time than you I am trying to choose witnesses but I need to make sure they will be there in time.

Do we need to bring an adaptor for the outlets or are they the same as in the US?[Yazmin Perez] yes are the same.

Also, we booked our stay through a timeshare member. Since we booked, the concierge level has been added for an additional cost. Our friend with the timeshare doesn't know anything about the concierge level. Do you know if timeshare members get the concierge level or if it's still extra? Is it something that we could upgrade when we arrive or would we have to do it ahead of time?[Yazmin Perez] you can up grade once you arrive directly at the front desk

Is there anything else I need to do before we arrive? I just hope I'm not forgetting anything.

[Yazmin Perez] **can you please send me your guest list ?? im attaching a format for that ¡! , thank you !!!

On July 4, she sent us the ceremony that the judge performs. (I think it was literally word for word, so this was very helpful!)

HI Rachel ,

Thanks for the info,

Here im attaching the ceremony that uthe judge perform , and for the sons, we need 3, one for you walking down the aisle , the second one to signr the documents, and the last one for the end of the ceremony and walking out .

Kindest regards

Yazmin

We ended up giving her a CD with more songs than this. We had 4 for people being seated, + the 3 she asked for.

ceremonia civil.doc

On July 10, she emailed us with the time we would be meeting her and we did the rest when we got there!

Just make sure anything you give her, you tell her you want returned. We didn't get all of our paper lanterns back, but it really wasn't a huge deal, just annoying.

Good Luck to future ASP brides...I know it's frustrating now but I promise you won't be disappointed!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. I'm surprised the ASP isn't more popular and although this forum has been AMAZINGLY helpful, it was hard to get answers from past ASP brides. I'd love to help out :)

Wow, Rachel -- this is such great info! I read through all the posts, and am grateful that you took the time to share!

We just got engaged on Thursday night in Martha's Vineyard. :) We would like to do a destination wedding next summer in either Mexico or the Caribbean. All the choices are daunting, to say the least. I'm putting us on a budget since I'm in grad school, and my fiancé just got out of grad school a couple years ago. Needless to say, school loan debt is of aplenty! So, all that being said, I might need your help if you're willing! I'd love to see photos from your wedding (maybe they're on the site somewhere and I just need to look?). Also, it's really hard to determine final cost. I've received many documents from the main office in Miami, but goodness, to sort through them and figure out a per guest number including reception, bar. etc., is quite daunting! Any advice/guidance would be hugely appreciated!!

Congratulations! :)

Jenn (Kensington)

• 2 months later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsRell View Post
Rachel - This info is great!!! I need to go back and look at what I all assumed I was getting with the free package! I swore I got a free bouquet for myself and my bridesmaids. Crap!
I was JUST reading that thinking the same thing. Dulce is my WC and I have an email that specifically writes bouquet, and cake are included in the free one. She wrote me another email asking if I wanted to pick the free one before hand or wait til we got to the hotel to upgrade.
Maybe they changed the packages recently?

Wow! I'm so glad you guys said something about the free bouquet...I thought I was supposed to get a free bouquet too!!!!! When I asked about it and they said no, I went online and looked back at the package and it wasn't there...I thought I was crazy but I totally think I was right now! I never pushed the issue since I decided I wanted orchids in my bouquet and knew they would be expensive by buying real ones. But now I'm kind of mad I didn't...oh well. You definitely need to print everything out and save everything!

Jenn-I am newly out of grad school and was also on a tight budget...we ended up spending around $10,000 but that included our 10 days there and the flights. I have an excel sheet I would be willing to share...email me at rachelandscott@hotmail.com and I will send it to you.

Our pictures are online at www.rachelandscottswanson.shutterfly.com. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...