4 months until Christmas

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 ~*Lisa*~

• 2,287 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

OMG, I was just thinking about our Christmas tree the other day because it'll be our first in our new apartment. The FI thought that I was crazy but we have to figure out where to put it! lol

#22 Geralyn

• 2,677 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by BachataBride

I'm so sorry Geralyn. It will definitely be hard - it was for me. I decided that the first year after my step-dad passed away to change up Christmas so we weren't doing the same routine just without him there. This, I think, made it a bit easier. At least EVERYTHING was different, just not his lack of being there. Anyway you can do that? Have a Christmas at another relatives house/city/country
      I was thinking it might be nice to go away for christmas and new years this year...just me and DH especially since my dad died on new years eve so that will be another hard time....new years used to be my favorite holiday...now it has a totally different meaning.....but i don't know how my mom and sis would feel about me being away

#23 BachataBride

• Banned
      • 9,310 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:58 AM

That puts a double damper on Christmas/New Years Geralyn. So sorry you are having to deal with this. Would your mom & sis like/be able to go away with you guys?? I think you all should be together during this first year anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users