Post Your Father of the Bride attire

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Tonir

• 283 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

My dad keeps asking me what he should wear. It's a beach ceremony. I'm going to wear a gown (obviously), FI is wearing a tan suit, best man will wear khakis and a white shirt, and my mom is planning on a semi-formal/cocktail dress. My dad will walk me down the aisle so I want him to be a little formal, but not be sweating in a suit.

What are your dad's wearing?

#2 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 04:10 PM

My dad is wearing a super light, tan colour suit, no tie. He can take the jacket off after the ceremony. He keeps saying: "Well I'm the 2nd most important man that day, so I better look good!" hehehe...

I'll be sweating my a$$ off for a few hours, he can too

#3 Tonir

• 283 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

Thanks Amy! PS - you're getting married 1 day after me! :)

#4 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

my dad is doing a tan pants and short-sleeved button down shirt. Not sure on the color yet, since our groomsmen might be wearing a light blue dress shirt we don't want my Dad to match them. But thats the basic framework for ours anyway :) My Dad is super casual, so the idea of a full suit is completely NOT his forte! Haha
          Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#5 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:25 PM

HA, sounds like my dad! I was SHOCKED when he said he wanted to wear a suit.
            And then, my dad's weird humor came out when he said: Just make sure I get a suit you can bury me in!
            Ugh...dad!!! NOT funny!

Tonir, where are you getting married?
            I had really wanted early April (our anniversary), but since it's Easter the prices are super high and my sister (MOH) will be studying for final exams.

#6 IMPPEARL

• 336 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:36 PM

My fauther is wearing the same as the groomsmen, a light cotten dress shirt, and dress linen pants.
              Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/

#7 jennierin

• 847 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

Amazingly enough, my Dad went out shopping all by himself and picked up this shirt:

Click the image to open in full size.

It really looks good on him....he is wearing a pair of light beige linen pants. I'm so proud that my Daddy did it all by himself and he is gonna look GREAT!
                First Kiss as a Mr & Mrs!!!

#8 BachataBride

• Banned
                • 9,310 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:47 PM

Well...I left my dad to his own shopping (we're not really that close!) and this is what he came up with...

(Poor guy looks scared to death!!)

He actually bought the shirt down there! And I don't think it looks that bad with my color scheme!!!

#9 kpuckrin

• 258 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:17 PM

My dad will be wearing tan coloured dress pants, a longsleeve shirt and a tie. My FI will be wearing a tan coloured suit.

#10 Tonir

• 283 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 08:28 AM

Amy haha your dad sounds EXACTLY like my dad. He would totally make some inappropriate death joke. I'm getting married in St. Thomas on April 27. We chose the end of April because it's the beginning of the off-season so the guests (and us) are getting much better rates.

So I think maybe I should just ask my dad what he WANTS to wear right? haha instead of dictating everything? Thanks for the advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users