Photo

What colour shirt for FH?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DRB

DRB
  • 647 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

So we have a bit of a dilemma. We have no idea what colour FHs shirt should be! He's wearing a white linen suit that looks similar to this (a bit more casual even):

Click the image to open in full size.

The GM are wearing white tunic style shirts from island importer and chocolate brown pants:

The bridesmaids are wearing fuschia dresses:

Our colours are fuschia with lime green as an accent but FH doesn't want to wear a green shirt (I don't like the idea of it either) and he won't be wearing a tie. Our debate is whether he wears a fuschia shirt (even though it might clash with the girls if it doesn't match exactly), a light pink shirt, a white shirt, or a light grey shirt (even though grey isn't a colour in our wedding). What do you think?

#2 ~Keira~

~Keira~
    • 1,338 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

I'm going to vote for a really light pink. Even though you say no green I think a really light green would work well too. Perhaps even better because then you don't have to worry about being matchy matchy with the BM but it will still go really nice. Plus it will help tie everything together.
      ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#3 KLaBate54

KLaBate54
      • 438 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:57 PM

I would say that if he definitely doesn't want to wear green, then go with the light pink...it's too much of a risk getting a fuschia that doesn't match exactly to everyone else. That's what we did with my FI actually...one of our colors is a dark teal, so he is actually wearing a lighter teal.
        *Katie*

#4 sjmacphe

sjmacphe
        • 291 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:50 AM

I'm with the other ladies, light pink or light lime green, both would look good - I think the contrast would be a little much with bright fuschia and white for a guy, but that's me. Good luck picking, I am going to get my FI to get a light green shirt most likely - my colors are pink and green too!

#5 ~Keira~

~Keira~
          • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:25 AM

Mel, you should take your man to Le Chateau and get him to try on all different colours that would match with the theme of the wedding. Then you'll have a better idea of what will look good on him and what will match with the rest of the wedding.
            ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

http://i794.photobuc....E_0170-1-1.jpg

#6 super19

super19
            • 1,123 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:48 AM

I voted light pink. I think light pink would look really good with the BM dresses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users