Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
angelalanahung

David Pena Photography - Moon Palace

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I woud be grateful if couples who got married at the Moon Palace could upload their photos I would like to see some examples of Davids work.

 

Is his work as good as say Moments That Matter or Dina Gomez for example?

 

Does he enhance them also?

 

Is he the only resort photographer?

 

Many thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Angela, I responded to your PM. I am not sure Dina comes into Moon Palace. I did inquire about her trash the dress shoots but they would of been outside Moon Palace. There are several photographers that Moon Palace uses and I haven't heard complaints about the others. A lot of girls on this forum do use David because of his reviews here.

 

The only thing I have heard recently is that the resort is wanting you to get the larger packages if you request David.

 

There are many of Davids shots in the link in my siggy called Our Wedding Day Slideshow. If I put some others up, I will let you know. Are there any type shots in particular you would like to see because I have close to 500 shots? I think if you check Honeys post, she posted a lot of Davids Shots on hers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaM2b View Post
Angela, I responded to your PM. I am not sure Dina comes into Moon Palace. I did inquire about her trash the dress shoots but they would of been outside Moon Palace. There are several photographers that Moon Palace uses and I haven't heard complaints about the others. A lot of girls on this forum do use David because of his reviews here.

The only thing I have heard recently is that the resort is wanting you to get the larger packages if you request David.

There are many of Davids shots in the link in my siggy called Our Wedding Day Slideshow. If I put some others up, I will let you know. Are there any type shots in particular you would like to see because I have close to 500 shots? I think if you check Honeys post, she posted a lot of Davids Shots on hers.
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Does his work compare to Moments that matter or Dina Gomez for example?

Many thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelalanahung View Post
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Does his work compare to Moments that matter or Dina Gomez for example?

Many thanks :)
Also, does he enhance the photos afterwards?

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelalanahung View Post
Hi,

I woud be grateful if couples who got married at the Moon Palace could upload their photos I would like to see some examples of Davids work.

Is his work as good as say Moments That Matter or Dina Gomez for example?

Does he enhance them also?

Is he the only resort photographer?

Many thanks :)
===================================

Wedding - June 2009

We used David Pena as our wedding photographer and we were not happy at all. He was in a big rush, unpleasant, did not tell the wedding party how to pose, and just snapped away. Very unprofessional! He complained that Moon Palace doesn't provide enough business for him which is why he has started his private photography business, but he is absolutely not a competent photographer, and gets by because Moon Palace has so many restrictions on outside professionals. The photos which we received, including the DVD could have been taken by any member of our wedding party. Every photo was amateurish at best. I have read the reviews of his work on this site and all I can say is that the brides who were satisfied with his work...did not have high expectations. Also, I have learned the hard way that people really hate to complain. When the wedding is over, brides would like to forget about the unpleasant or disappointing aspects. Dave Pena really disappointed us. Definitely go with an outside photographer. You won't regret it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been shopping around for photographers and have to say that moments that matter may be my choice. I've checked their website and I'm amazed. Photos are very important to me. Therefore, I'm spending the extra few hundred to capture those special moments of my BIG day! I will be going with an outside photographer who can provide the type of service i'm looking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too shopped around and decided to hire an outside photographer. My photos are at the top of my list and very important to me and was just happier with what I found outside of MP. And i believe MP has a few photographers but people seem to favor David Pena.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any other photographers at Moon Palace that anyone can recommend? We are planning for a wedding Feb 2011 and our budget for photography isnt going to allow for an outside vendor. Have you heard anything good about any others? This is the only thing that has me worried at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other MP photographers that they would recommend? Unfortunately, time and my budget will not allow me to get me an outside photographer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×