David Pena Photography - Moon Palace

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hi,

I woud be grateful if couples who got married at the Moon Palace could upload their photos I would like to see some examples of Davids work.

Is his work as good as say Moments That Matter or Dina Gomez for example?

Does he enhance them also?

Is he the only resort photographer?

Many thanks :)

#2 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
    • 445 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:48 PM

Angela, I responded to your PM. I am not sure Dina comes into Moon Palace. I did inquire about her trash the dress shoots but they would of been outside Moon Palace. There are several photographers that Moon Palace uses and I haven't heard complaints about the others. A lot of girls on this forum do use David because of his reviews here.

The only thing I have heard recently is that the resort is wanting you to get the larger packages if you request David.

There are many of Davids shots in the link in my siggy called Our Wedding Day Slideshow. If I put some others up, I will let you know. Are there any type shots in particular you would like to see because I have close to 500 shots? I think if you check Honeys post, she posted a lot of Davids Shots on hers.

#3 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
      • 174 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:46 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TinaM2b
        Angela, I responded to your PM. I am not sure Dina comes into Moon Palace. I did inquire about her trash the dress shoots but they would of been outside Moon Palace. There are several photographers that Moon Palace uses and I haven't heard complaints about the others. A lot of girls on this forum do use David because of his reviews here.

The only thing I have heard recently is that the resort is wanting you to get the larger packages if you request David.

There are many of Davids shots in the link in my siggy called Our Wedding Day Slideshow. If I put some others up, I will let you know. Are there any type shots in particular you would like to see because I have close to 500 shots? I think if you check Honeys post, she posted a lot of Davids Shots on hers.
        Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Does his work compare to Moments that matter or Dina Gomez for example?

#4 angelalanahung

angelalanahung
        • 174 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by angelalanahung
          Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Does his work compare to Moments that matter or Dina Gomez for example?

Also, does he enhance the photos afterwards?

Thanks.

#5 limey

limey
          • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:59 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by angelalanahung
            Hi,

I woud be grateful if couples who got married at the Moon Palace could upload their photos I would like to see some examples of Davids work.

Is his work as good as say Moments That Matter or Dina Gomez for example?

Does he enhance them also?

Is he the only resort photographer?

===================================

Wedding - June 2009

We used David Pena as our wedding photographer and we were not happy at all. He was in a big rush, unpleasant, did not tell the wedding party how to pose, and just snapped away. Very unprofessional! He complained that Moon Palace doesn't provide enough business for him which is why he has started his private photography business, but he is absolutely not a competent photographer, and gets by because Moon Palace has so many restrictions on outside professionals. The photos which we received, including the DVD could have been taken by any member of our wedding party. Every photo was amateurish at best. I have read the reviews of his work on this site and all I can say is that the brides who were satisfied with his work...did not have high expectations. Also, I have learned the hard way that people really hate to complain. When the wedding is over, brides would like to forget about the unpleasant or disappointing aspects. Dave Pena really disappointed us. Definitely go with an outside photographer. You won't regret it.

#6 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
            • 710 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:31 PM

I've been shopping around for photographers and have to say that moments that matter may be my choice. I've checked their website and I'm amazed. Photos are very important to me. Therefore, I'm spending the extra few hundred to capture those special moments of my BIG day! I will be going with an outside photographer who can provide the type of service i'm looking for.

#7 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
              • 87 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:12 PM

I too shopped around and decided to hire an outside photographer. My photos are at the top of my list and very important to me and was just happier with what I found outside of MP. And i believe MP has a few photographers but people seem to favor David Pena.

#8 stephanie03

stephanie03
                • 6 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 12:38 AM

Are there any other photographers at Moon Palace that anyone can recommend? We are planning for a wedding Feb 2011 and our budget for photography isnt going to allow for an outside vendor. Have you heard anything good about any others? This is the only thing that has me worried at this point.

#9 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
                  • 183 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

aside from david, any other reviews in regards to resort photographers? i'm not too keen on limey's review of him...

#10 KGirl99

KGirl99
                    • 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:32 AM

Any other MP photographers that they would recommend? Unfortunately, time and my budget will not allow me to get me an outside photographer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users