Photo

Live Music & Good Bands in Cabo?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Pinkie80

Pinkie80
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

I'd like to have a live band play at my reception, but haven't heard of any great bands in Cabo that can really get our guests up and dancing. Does anyone know of a good band?

#2 liznsergio

liznsergio
    • 400 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

Hi there! We hired DeJaVu for our wedding. We met with Joaquin back in June during our site visit. They sound great and play a VARIETY of music...spanish and english! We are paying $700/hr and hired them for three hours, and got a DJ for the remaining part of the reception. Here is their website....you can listen to several of their demos on it. I hope this info helps.
      Deja-Vu Cabo San Lucas Mexico Rock Band Versatile Perfect for Events

#3 Pinkie80

Pinkie80
      • 19 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

Thanks! I heard Cabomax might be another option - - did you hear about or consider them?

#4 liznsergio

liznsergio
        • 400 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Yes, they came up a lot during my search for bands, but I did not look into them. From the reviews I read, they seem to be really good as well.

#5 latown9958

latown9958
          • 32 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:16 PM

KILOMETRO BAND best band HANDS DOWN. Our guests all agreed they were AWESOME!
            XOXO LAUREN

#6 Pinkie80

Pinkie80
            • 19 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:35 PM

I've heard of Kilometro, but there isn't much information out there. Can you give me their contact information and let me know their rates? THANKS!

#7 latown9958

latown9958
              • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:43 AM

Here is Kilometros website - they were amazing - every last one of our 40 guests was up dancing the whole night!!!!

-= KILOMETRO =-

I beleive the rate was around $3,200 for 4 hours and that includes stage, lighting and dance floor....they were worth every penny and completely made the whole reception!
                XOXO LAUREN

#8 Pinkie80

Pinkie80
                • 19 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 02:50 PM

Awesome, thanks. They quoted me a MUCH higher rate! They asked for around $5,500 for 4 hours. Did you find that they quoted you higher at first, too?

#9 latown9958

latown9958
                  • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 03:18 PM

I take that back - they played for 3 hours.

We had Trio Los Mosquitos for cocktail Hour from 6-7PM

We played our own mixed cd from 7-8PM while every one was moving up to the reception area and getting seated and waiting for dinner ( Kilometro was set up and played our cd through their speakers during this hour)

Then they came on at 8PM and played some slower, good music while we were eating dinner. Then from 9-11 they rocked out!!!
                    XOXO LAUREN

#10 Pinkie80

Pinkie80
                    • 19 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:49 PM

Thanks, Lauren! That sound similar to what we're planning -- 3 hours seems to be plenty and it's nice that they accommodated you and let you play a CD using their equipment. They mentioned there might be an extra charge for using their mics and speakers for ceremony speeches. Did you encounter the same request for payment for use of mics and speakers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users