• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sweetiekris

• 41 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:45 AM

Were doing fish bowls and flowers surrounding the bottom of the bowl with decor inside to stick with the beach theme. We wanted something not too high so people can talk. Any other ideas?

#2 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

I know I'm planning on doing something a little similar, but I'm also going to add some votive candles and flower petals to go around the vase. I think your fish bowls sticking to the beach theme are great if you're looking for something else try putting a mirror underneath it and see what you think.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 MsAmErika

• 56 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

I am doing floating candles

#4 ashly87

• 120 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:49 PM

check out this thread:

"I know nothing with any certainty but the sight of stars makes me dream" - Vincent Van Goh

#5 Sue

• 86 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

small a bit of sand at the bottom of clear bowls/vases, with a votive candle and very tiny shells, looks very nice.

If you take a clear juice size glass, cut pieces of bamboo just to cover the top of the glass (stagger the heights) wrap and tie them w/ raffia around the outside and put candle inside glass. sorry not very good instructions

#6 robinkar

• 65 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 05:21 PM

We have bought candle holders with glass. The glass part is not too high so we were thinking of putting a little bit of sand (maybe coloured sand) plus some sea shells. Then there will be candles in the middle.
              Since the bridesmaid dresses are tangarine colour, I am thinking that if I wait until after Halloween, I should be able to pick up several orange coloured candles rather inexpensively. Also thinking of perhaps putting some orange coloured ribbon around the centerpieces but need to see how they look.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users