Photo

Hilton Brides

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hi All the Hilton Brides! If you are planning your Hilton wedding or have had one, I have complety stressed about the lighting. I want the lighting to be natural and dim, and do not want to use any of the Hilton provided huge lights. I am thinking more candles and lanterns. I am afraid though it will be too dark. Has anyone else thought of this??

#2 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
    • 1,188 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:58 PM

I am getting married at the hilton and we are having our reception outside. We are going to use tons of candles and the hotel is going to provide the luminars (candles in the paperbags) for the stairs and surrounding areas. I should have pictures to share with you in a few weeks! OMG!
      Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
      http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#3 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
      • 88 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

Sassygirl- Your wedding is so soon!! Yeah!! What venue at the Hilton are you getting married at? Also, is the hotel providing the luminaries for just the reception site, or also for the walkway down to the beach for the ceremony? Is there a charge for this?

#4 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
        • 402 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 02:13 PM

I had an evening reception at the Hilton. We had candles and they provided some lighting. There was good atmosphere, not too bright, not too dim.
          MariaElena - 10/28/06
          Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#5 HBBRIDE

HBBRIDE
          • 87 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:55 PM

I too was married at the Hilton. I wanted laterns but in the end thougt they would be too much trouble since I had to get everything. My husband strung white globe lights over the dance floor and it looked great...just how I had envisioned. I didn't worry about lighting and it was just fine. Our dinner/reception was held at the Sun Fun Hut.
            Kristi

Kristi & MattHilton Los CabosApril 6, 2007www.joinkristiandmattincabo.com

#6 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
            • 88 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:00 AM

Kristi,

That is exactly what we want to do, and we are also getting married at the sun fun hut. You said your husband brought lights there? Where di he get them? Thanks

#7 JENESIS

JENESIS
              • 394 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:48 AM

Our dinner was at the SUn Fun Hut. The Hilton provided lanterns and candles. I never noticed a problem with light. Everyone was fine.

#8 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
                • 88 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 01:57 PM

Jenesis,

Thanks for the info. Can you explain what the Hilton provided in terms of candles and lanterns? What were the lanterns like? Where they the bags with the sand and the candle or something else?

Thanks!

#9 JENESIS

JENESIS
                  • 394 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:10 PM

They placed votives on the table and around ledges they had the bags with candles in them. That is the only lighting that I remember. Maybe the pictures will tell a different story.

#10 Alisarosenbaum

Alisarosenbaum
                    • 88 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

I just noticed you were from Chicago! I grew up there. I would love to see a picture of you have of the reception site set up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users