BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 7

LCBride2007

My weekend eating was not so great. I ended up working a lot at my extra job at the mall and of course ate at the food court. I guess you could say I got in the exercise from constantly walking around, though! I'm afraid I'm going to be up this week, but oh well, I'll try to kick it back into gear.

The stairs challenge is hard but I try to get in as much as I can. I also like the try to park as far away as you can idea. Melissa I think your food challenge for today is great. I have that same problem. If there is food in front of me, I have a hard time not finishing it! I'm up for the challenge!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well today started out a bit shaky, but better than what I would usually do. I didn't have time for a full breakfast this morning, but I picked up a bagel with cheese on my way to work and took my vitamins. I threw in my bag some muslix cereal which I just finished eating with water -- not milk. I also packed a banana, some rice cakes which I'll eat with jam and peanut butter, and some cheese and crackers.

Considering I would have normally ordered a pizza and ate it all by myself, I think this is a good step up wink.gif

Hey, so some have asked for my competition pic...I was a bit shy to put it in my siggy...still shy to put it on here, but here is the link to the show I was in. I am the only black girl in a red sparkling 2-piece suit and a green 1-piece suit; start from img_7648:

http://sportsnaction.exposuremanager...1&photo_page=3

I wasn't as lean as I wanted to be and my abs never really came out (stupid cheat cookies are blocking them!). However, not too bad for a debut. I was 122 lbs in that pic, down from 135 lbs 3 months prior. My goal for the next comp is to be in the one-teens and have a six pack to boot. It all comes down to diet, so I have 8 months to get it together!

The leave-a-bit-on-the-plate challenge will be tough, but I will keep it in mind whenever I am eating out and not preparing my own food.

I did well yesterday I did and a 1/2 salad and sandwich from panera (prolly not the healthiest) but I left alot of sandwich on the plate. I started making a healthy dinner by sauteeing fish (that my fi caught) with onions peppers and garlic and then stir fry string beans with onion then i ruined it by making a piece of texas toast garlic bread lol. I didn't leave anything on my plate however i didn't go back for 2nds like i normally do when i cook dinner.

I have Team lunch today at applebees i'll prolly get a salad and we are having leftovers today because i have an avon sales mtg tonight minus the garlic bread.

Good work Ash!! Its so hard in group situations to eat less (and eat the good stuff!) but you seem to have been doing really well, I know you'll do great! :) Your day is coming soon, you must be getting anxious!

For those in Canada, do you find it inspires you to watch Bulging Brides on Slice? I always want to hit the gym hard after watching it... haha If I lived in Vancouver I would be signing up for that show for sure!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNM View Post
Hey, so some have asked for my competition pic...I was a bit shy to put it in my siggy...still shy to put it on here, but here is the link to the show I was in. I am the only black girl in a red sparkling 2-piece suit and a green 1-piece suit; start from img_7648:

sportsNaction - E-mail Address Required

I wasn't as lean as I wanted to be and my abs never really came out (stupid cheat cookies are blocking them!). However, not too bad for a debut. I was 122 lbs in that pic, down from 135 lbs 3 months prior. My goal for the next comp is to be in the one-teens and have a six pack to boot. It all comes down to diet, so I have 8 months to get it together!

The leave-a-bit-on-the-plate challenge will be tough, but I will keep it in mind whenever I am eating out and not preparing my own food.
SSNM~ you look great. I'm curious, which girl beat you? Just wondering what the judges liked better. In a figure competition, do you have to do one of those dance-like routines or is that a fitness competition? I've watched a few on tv and can't remember. I used to date a trainer who got a few clients ready for shows. It was an awesome thing to go watch in person. I'd love to have that dedication...

Hi Kelly,

The girl that beat me out was also wearing a red two-piece suit, had dark hair and red lipstick. She was skinnier, had more abs, and had a bit more definition compared to me. I think it was the definition that beat me out, particularly in the abs and legs. I also didn't tan very well for that comp and so the light completely washed me out and made my muscles less visible (notice that the other girls look darker than me and they're white!). It was a great first experience and I look forward to improving on my body for the next competition.

You are right; the fitness competitions are the ones you have to do a routine for. The figure is strictly grading your body and so you just have to stand their, turn when you're told to, and then they pick a winner. It is a great experience and honestly, it is not far fetching. Yes, you have to be dedicated but I think that is pretty much what we are all striving for anyway. And once you do that extreme, eating just a salad and a piece of garlic bread for lunch doesn't seem as boring anymore wink.gif

I thought that'd be the one they picked. She was really lean, but her hip area was WAY lean. I give you a lot of credit for being able to stick to it. So funny you mention the tan, I was looking just at the thumbnails of the pictures and you definitely can't tell those girls are white! lol I'm glad you've joined the thread. Its extra motivating seeing what being dedicated can get you. Your arms look fantastic in those pictures. I want those shoulders. :)

Ok girls, I've been a slacker for two weeks. I was sick all last week and this week we've been moving into our new house. I've gotta get back on track So, starting with dinner tonight I'm back to healthier eating.