BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 7
Posted 03 October 2009 - 09:54 AM
Squat in the pot!
Everytime you go to the bathroom, (which should be a lot if your drinking all that water!) , do at min. of 5 squats, and a max of what you feel comfortable with!
I got the following info from Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople on proper squat form
First, your feet should be hip width apart...no wider, realistically that's about 12 inches apart.
Next, you are going to SIT DOWN. You don't lean forward you sit back. Think of it this way...imagine you are in a public restroom and there are no seat cover protectors...you don't want your butt to touch the seat but you need to be as close to it as possible...that's how you are going to sink into the correct position. Squat in the pot! lol
The most important thing is this...YOUR KNEES SHOULD NEVER GO PAST YOUR TOES!
When you are in the correct position and are as low as your body will allow you to go without hurting your knees you should be able to wiggle your toes. Your weight is on your HEELS not your knees, not the balls of your feet.
keep in mind the following things when doing a squat:
* Keep your chest up and your back straight
* Look straight ahead. Not up, not down...straight forward
* Feet should be hip width apart, for a wider stance only go about one toe to heel move outwards (roughly 3-4 inches wider than your set stance)
* Weight should be placed on your heels not on the balls of your feet
* Stick your butt out!!!! If you keep your hips forward you're going to put too much pressure on your knees...that hurts!
* Squeeze your butt on the way back up. Work those glutes!!
* Push back up from the heels, they should never leave the floor
Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:04 PM
Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:36 AM
I'm in too!
Posted 04 October 2009 - 12:13 PM
Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:02 PM
Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:39 PM
Don't forget to weigh in tomorrow girls! The weeks are going by quickly
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users