Caught the bouquet... engaged within 4 days!

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 wilsoml2

• 299 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:59 PM

I attended my brother's wedding a few weekends ago. I caught the bouquet after my new sister-in-law threw it in my direction and all of the other ladies took a step back. For the garter toss, my brothers were worried that one of their friends would have to touch my leg, so they literally threw my boyfriend (now fiance!) at the garter. They still claim that it wasn't rigged at all! The following Wednesday morning, I got up and let the dog out as usual. I saw a note on the front porch with a trowel next to it that said "Go check your garden. You'll need this." I walked back inside because I had to think about what that note meant and what was in my garden. I was still pretty sleepy! So I went about my usual morning routine, and about 1/2 an hour later decided to go check it out. There was a rose sticking out of my flower garden (I don't own any rose bushes) so I went over and pulled it out of the ground. A container was attached. Inside there was a note that said "Marry me?" and a beautiful ring! It was a good thing I didn't wait any longer to go check it out, it started pouring soon after! But overall, it was a great week! First my big brother got married to an awesome girl, I passed my preliminary exams for my PhD, and got engaged! All within 4 days!

#2 vlynnw

• 6,003 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:02 PM

Congratulations!! What a great story, thanks for sharing. I think that's cute about the bouquet and garter - our friends got married a couple months before our engagement and pulled the same thing!
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 Lashawn

• Banned
      • 156 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

WOW sounds like a great week for you. CONGRATS!!!!!

#4 PetitRouge

• 174 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:09 PM

That is such an amazing story! you certainly did have an amazing week!

#5 Ginalyn

• 2,754 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:11 PM

Very cute story! Congrats!

#6 KittenHeart

• 3,103 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:58 PM

Great story!!! Congrats and welcome :)

#7 Jo 2010

Jo 2010
              • 291 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

what a creative FI you have!

Lucky girl - and now you have such a cool story :)

congrats on all your recent successes!!

#8 jean-marcus

• 1,565 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:33 PM

cute :)

I shot a wedding last summer where both of them caught the garter and bouquette at their mutual friends wedding. But that was the first time they met. They were pretty much together from that day forward. They even got married at the same location :)

#9 *Karla*

• 4,854 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

Awesome week you had! Congrats

#10 *HOLLY*

• Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:54 PM

That is such a great story. Funny about your friends saying it wasnt rigged!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users