Photo

Private Beach wedding!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 noonie

noonie
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 10:40 AM

I am planning on getting married on a private beach near playa del carmen & having the reception & dinner there as well, has anyone out there done this?

#2 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
    • 600 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

The beach is public property in Mexico. When you say that you are looking for a private bach, what is it that you are asking for? An intimate setting where you and your guests can have privacy? Do you want buildings visible in the background? What draws you to Playa? I only ask so that we can give you a better recommendation.

#3 Emily Joy

Emily Joy
      • 27 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

Noonie and Malisa -

I am in the process of doing the same thing. I know that the beach is public, but I prefer a semi secluded beach so I don't have lots of people I don't know hanging around and watching or walking by in the background.

Looking at Blucacao Beach Club right now which is just outside of Playa. Have you found any other prospective locations for ceremony and reception?
        visit my bridal blog!
        http://www.maidensunshine.blogspot.com

http://photos-a.ak.f...._5726020_n.jpg
        Getting hitched in Playa Del CarmenSaturday November 27th, 2010

#4 marny61

marny61
        • 165 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

My daughter is getting married in Jan 2010. We rented a villa in playa del secreto and are having the wedding and reception there. We are very excited and looking forward to the wedding.

#5 Destination Scout

Destination Scout
          • 600 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 01:08 AM

I've walked the beach in Playa and I'm not really expecting a lot. The hotels are really close together, and I would be surprised to find a "private beach". I figured I would check it out on my way into Tulum, where I know I can find a more private location. However, I'd be happy to take pictures of Bluecacao and give you the low down on anything I find while I'm there in Nov.

#6 Emily Joy

Emily Joy
            • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 03:21 PM

YES!!! thank you so much. definitely get the low down!
              visit my bridal blog!
              http://www.maidensunshine.blogspot.com

http://photos-a.ak.f...._5726020_n.jpg
              Getting hitched in Playa Del CarmenSaturday November 27th, 2010

#7 Susan Pacek Photography

Susan Pacek Photography
              • 192 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:18 PM

Noonie, Malisa and Emily. I am very familiar with Blucacao and it's a wonderful place for a wedding! It is great for so many reasons...the beach is secluded and the reception location is beyond fabulous! I have photogaphed a few weddings there before and would recommend looking into the facility. To give you a feeling for the space, I'm including a slideshow with highlights from a wedding I photographed there. The ceremony was Mayan so you'll get to see what that looks like too! Good luck to all three of you in your planning and congratulations on your engagements!! Deneĩ + Jamie

#8 jdrewett

jdrewett
                • 171 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:33 AM

I don't know if you have picked a location or not, but I would contact Patricia with "Weddings in Cancun". She has access to a private beach, which matches the description of what you are looking for. She is so great to deal with. I decided to do Xcaret for the ceremony and a reception at Blue Parrot, but the "Playa del Secreto" was my second option. It looks beautiful!

Tell her Jessica gave you her info. on bestdestinationwedding.com, so she knows how you found out about her. Patricia's email is doves at weddingsincancun.com .

Also, her prices are very reasonable too!
                  -Jessica

#9 asayle

asayle
                  • 37 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

*the n00b planner managed to quick post on the wrong thread *
                    The fun starts ... February 22, 2011!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users