#11 Christine

Christine
  • VIP Member
  • 21,514 posts
  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

okay here goes, I bet I will come up with more later but this is what I have for now...(I changed my wedding location for my friends and family so we decided to do everything we could to make this a very personal wedding, with all sorts of elements that include our families and friends)

1. flower girls and ring bearers (there are 6 total) will carry bells down the aisle saying "the bride is coming, the bride is coming"
2. Some of my friends and family submitted their favorite wineries in Napa and we will be using those as the table names
3. instead of slide show/photobook of our baby pics, we are buying a digital photoframe and going to have that just playing through out sitting on the placecard/guestbook table

I promise to think of more
Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#12 bride_2_b08

bride_2_b08
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 04:21 AM

Hi,
    My fiance and I wanted to do something different for our tables, so we decided to go with "I love you" but in different languages. We went with Japanese, Spanish, French, Hawaiian, Italian, and Indonesian. Then we used images that represented something romantic from each of respective countries (Eiffel tower, geisha, gondola ride(venice) etc.) and we are going to put them in nice picture frames.

We thought this was a good idea. Hope it helps... Mich
    HIKING IN BLUE MOUNTAINS AUSTRALIA

#13 Shelley

Shelley
    • 169 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 12:47 PM

Christine I LOVE the digital frame idea!!! I'll have to "borrow" that one. I like not having to worry about setting up a slideshow too! Thanks a million!

#14 Sunsierra

Sunsierra
      • 226 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:27 AM

These ideas are all so awesome!

For our guestbook we will be buying postcards (once we get there) and all the guests will get one postcard to write on - we might even mail them home on the wedding day so when we get home, we'll have a bunch of messages from our friends and family.
        http://i210.photobuc....J-0109-166.jpg
        Stacy & Joel
        Gran Bahia Principe, Mexico
        January 9, 2008MARRIED!!!!Our Review Our Pictures

#15 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
        • 554 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:10 PM

I love the digital frame idea too!

For the reception tables, I plan on using different items that are important in our lives. 1 table name will be "Abby & Stolie" after our 2 furbabies. another table will be called "Sledding" since it is Reilly's fav past time, that I have taken up (and we got engaged after snowmobiling to the top of a mountain in Revelstoke). Another one will be "Edmonton" because this is where we have been living for the past 2 years while I go to school
          etc. You get the drift!
          I thought that at each of the tables there would be a pic of the item and a little description of why it is important to us/our relationship!

oh and Reilly plans on making his grand entrance to the ceremony via parasailing....we will see if that happens or not though but he is quite serious!

#16 PVBride

PVBride
          • 443 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:17 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
            oh and Reilly plans on making his grand entrance to the ceremony via parasailing....we will see if that happens or not though but he is quite serious!

That might be the most "unique" thing I have heard of yet!! :)
            Everyone has posted such great, creative ideas! I have loved reading all of them.

#17 KAMEYER70

KAMEYER70
            • 108 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

Instead of a champagne toast (even sparkling wine is ridiculously expensive in Cabo) we are doing a tequila toast using Don Julio Real or 1942. It's a sure way to get the party started! Ole'!
              KM
              Imperial Suite, Fiesta Americana Grand

#18 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:00 PM

Brett is actually not going to wear any pants for the ceremony. Some sort of weird Jewish ritual.

Ok - totally kidding. I just don't have anything super creative to add. Oh!! I forgot about the autograph fiesta donkeys!

#19 dragonfly

dragonfly
                • 1,820 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:03 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MrsV-to-be
                  I love the digital frame idea too!

For the reception tables, I plan on using different items that are important in our lives. 1 table name will be "Abby & Stolie" after our 2 furbabies. another table will be called "Sledding" since it is Reilly's fav past time, that I have taken up (and we got engaged after snowmobiling to the top of a mountain in Revelstoke). Another one will be "Edmonton" because this is where we have been living for the past 2 years while I go to school
                  etc. You get the drift!
                  I thought that at each of the tables there would be a pic of the item and a little description of why it is important to us/our relationship!

****Why don't you test your guests and see if someone sitting at that table knows the importance of their table names, then inside put what it means, it could be a fun little game.****
                  Kelly~

This would be funny to see, and "here comes the groom, oops there goes the groom right on by...."LOL

Kelly~

#20 MrsV-to-be

MrsV-to-be
                  • 554 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

Kelly - nice idea! I like it!
                    Yes, I could totally see him missing the landing point (I mean how could you control it!) My other fear is that the boat driver will screw up and land him in a different wedding going on at the resort - hehe! opps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users