Post your Creative Ideas!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 PVBride

PVBride
  • 443 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

Hi Girls(and Guys!)-

I am constantly looking for "unique" ideas for our wedding ceremony and reception. Since there are such creative people on this board, I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone else is doing! So..Please share a creative, unique or fun idea(or two)from your big day!

TIA! I can't wait to hear everyone's responses :)

Jackie

#2 PVBride

PVBride
    • 443 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:52 AM

I'll go first...

For our table numbers, we are having pictures taken of us holding up signs with the numbers on them. Since, we are getting married in Mexico, the numbers will be in Spanish.(Uno, Dos, Tres, ect. )

That is about as creative as I have gotten, so far!

#3 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:11 AM

love that idea....this post will be fun i will be thinking.....
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
        • VIP Member
        • 2,861 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:32 AM

hmmm I think the most creative thing we are doing is instead of the girls carrying boquets of flowers we will all be carrying parasols.

#5 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
          • VIP Member
          • 2,347 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:42 PM

I'm sure everyone has heard this about a million times from me--- but, hey, why not post it again? :)

Music is a big thing with both our families--- I was trained in classical voice and piano for 17 years, FI plays guitar, his sisters sing, my brother is a musician, my mom plays the accordian, his mom was a singer, his dad was a jazz musician, etc... you get the picture!

So we're doing guitar keychains for the placecards and the table numbers will be the a famous older-generation musician (Frank Sinatra, etc...) and the table number cards will have a quote from love songs from this era of music.

As for other ways of being creative (beyond the DIY invites and various other stationary), I'm sketching designs for our wedding cake and our table decor.

That's about all I can think of for now...

#6 PVBride

PVBride
            • 443 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:45 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
              I'm sure everyone has heard this about a million times from me--- but, hey, why not post it again? :)

Music is a big thing with both our families--- I was trained in classical voice and piano for 17 years, FI plays guitar, his sisters sing, my brother is a musician, my mom plays the accordian, his mom was a singer, his dad was a jazz musician, etc... you get the picture!

So we're doing guitar keychains for the placecards and the table numbers will be the a famous older-generation musician (Frank Sinatra, etc...) and the table number cards will have a quote from love songs from this era of music.

As for other ways of being creative (beyond the DIY invites and various other stationary), I'm sketching designs for our wedding cake and our table decor.

That's about all I can think of for now...
              I LOVE how personal your ideas are! My FI plays guitar in a band and we were thinking about doing a guitar shaped grooms cake. Thank you for sharing!

Oh, and Raydensmama, I love the parasol idea :)

#7 ajncooter

ajncooter
              • 983 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

cute ideas... i need to get crackin... for my first wedding since I worked on cruise ships and traveled around the world about 8 times we named all of our table after our favorite countries...

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 08:44 PM

I'm not creative at all, I just feed off of everyone elses great ideas, I feel like such a loser I can't come up with anything cool on my own, lol!

#9 CourtneyV

CourtneyV
                  • 4,979 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

Hmm, off the top of my head I can't think of any. I've got a list of things I found when I first got engaged and really loved. I think they key is just making everything super personal, that's what makes the wedding unique (IMO).
                    Happily Married since May 9, 2008
                    Proud Mama to Evelyn Eileen since June 8, 2010

#10 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
                    • VIP Member
                    • 2,347 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 09:06 PM

Oh yeah---- our flowergirl will carry a mini-sombrero turned upside down with rose petals to throw.

If we get a ring bearer who could walk with her, I'll probably make a banner for them to carry down the aisle that says "Here comes the bride!" or something like that... (I saw that somewhere, but I don't remember if it was from someone here, The Knot, or in one of the wedding magazines I've become addicted to).

Also, my dad makes the world's best fudge! (I kid you not, everyone who has ever tried it says so too and beg me to make it all the time) So, since neither of my parents can attend the wedding, I'm going to make dad's secret fudge recipe, my mom's oatmeal bars and my almond sugar cookies to give out as favors to everyone.

We might also burn a CD of FI's mother's last performance for all our guests.

And that's all I'm thinking of right now... (see what happens when you have 2 years to plan a wedding?!?!) :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users