Sign in to follow this  
stevensFiance

New Yorkers?

Yea thankfully we were able to do a site visit..because had we not we prob would have picked the RIU palace since we loved the one in riviera maya so much and would have been blindsighted..and the majestic from the pics wouldnt be one I would ever consider but in life was so much nicer...so im happy we were able to do that..I think my fiance was willing to do anything for me to stop showing him more pictures of sites, and just shut me up lol..i was like going between barbados, then bahamas..then aruba..u name the place I had a resort found there lol.

for those a little less confused and more decisive..you dont have to do the visit..im sure they are all beautiful..I just love the name dreams..i told him before even looking at the resorts pictures i wanted to do dreams because i love the way it would sound on an invitation..he said i was nuts and that was the end of that lol

Congrats all on your engagements! I'm from Forest Hills. I'm looking to get married November 2010, I am still trying to decide on a resort. It's way more difficult than I expected, there are so many choices! Right now my top 2 picks are the Fairmont Mayakoba or The Royal Playa del Carmen. Any advice welcomed.

How did I miss this thread back in the day??

We were in Manhattan until just before the wedding - now out in the 'burbs on Long Island.

We got married at the Paradisus RM. So amazing!!

We should have another NY area get-together. It's been too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffexx View Post
Congrats all on your engagements! I'm from Forest Hills. I'm looking to get married November 2010, I am still trying to decide on a resort. It's way more difficult than I expected, there are so many choices! Right now my top 2 picks are the Fairmont Mayakoba or The Royal Playa del Carmen. Any advice welcomed.
The Royal is Gorgeous! Im getting married at the Royal in Cancun, just because he proposed there, otherwise we wouldve went with the one in PDC

Staten Island Girl here!!

NO I did not look for places on the island or near here, bc living in NY is great but very pricey!

Also, My fiance owns an entertainment company in SI and has been Djing Weddings for 15 years now. 1 year of prep., 5 hrs, and then it is all overrr... We decided a destination wedding was best for us...a week with our friends and family to celebrate and not just 5 hrs!

FI and I are both born and raised NYers (we are both from Queens). We live in MD now though. All the family is still in NY so I am still there very often. My second home is the NJ Turnpike! :)