Photo

FLip Flops for Beach Wedding????

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Taryn20

Taryn20
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:37 PM

I cant decide what type of shoes to wear for the ceremony on the beach. Obviously flip flops are the best option but I am having a hard time with the idea of a wedding dress and flip flops. I guess I can change into something else for the reception.

What has everyone else done

Thanks!
    Taryn
    39 Booked plus Bride & Groom!!!!

#2 OCMDBride05152010

OCMDBride05152010
    • 93 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:41 PM

I plan on going barefoot during the ceremony on the beach and wearing pretty heels for the reception. I know lots of people wear flip flops tho. They also make foot jewels so it looks like you're wearing bling bling sandals. You could also maybe do wedges?

#3 sarafish81

sarafish81
      • 353 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:08 PM

I wore blue flip flops. It does sound strange I suppose, wearing flip flops and a wedding dress, but it just fit since it was on the beach! Whatever you decide will be fine :)

#4 Love3

Love3
        • 785 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:15 PM

I am going barefoot for the ceremony and for reception I am unsure yet. I guess I will see how it goes
          ~Heather~

#5 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
          • 178 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:18 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

I am thinking about these from David's Bridal. I really had the idea of going barefoot in my mind, but the dresses I tried on dragged on the ground - because they are made for shoes with some height. So I thought these flip flops were a good option.

#6 H&F

H&F
            • 361 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:25 PM

Love those David's bridal flip flops-- I had no idea that they sold them. Very cute!

#7 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
              • 258 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:15 PM

I'm wearing a wedge heel for both the ceremoney and reception. I'm hoping the wedge will give me some height while making it easier than a standard heel in terms of walking in the sand.

#8 jessiee223

jessiee223
                • 128 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 06:42 PM

I am going to wear turquoise flips flops. I had debated going barefoot but wanted to have a pop of color.
                  Jessie and Jeff - Mexico 2010

#9 cruisebride0410

cruisebride0410
                  • 178 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

Also, don't forget the sand might be really hot (depending on when and where the wedding is) so you might want to buy flip flops, even if they are for back up.

The DB flip flops come in white and ivory!

#10 Joss

Joss
                    • 188 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:42 AM

I'm wearing barefoot jewellery for the ceremony (we're getting hitched later in the day so the sand won't be blistering hot), and then sweet heels for the reception. I guess it's about how easy, breezy (cover girl! - thanks Tyra) you want to be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users