Photo

teeth

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 slapsappyhappy

slapsappyhappy
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:29 PM

Has anyone tried the "Dazzle Smile and Clean Whites" that jstinemari talked about in the recession post below? I want to get white teeth but my dentists treatment is $300, I have crest whitestrips and a year to go but I don't want to a)damage my teeth and B) get signed up for something like those trials that I cannot get out of, lol!

#12 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:34 PM

I'm also considering invisalign. I've been wanting to do it for awhile, like you it doesn't really show up much in pictures but they still bother me. I've talked to my dentist and with the invisalign they also add the whitening to put in the trays for free. I had braces on when I was younger but after they look them off you could literally watch my teeth move back within 2 hours - an orthodontist later told me they put them on way to early, so sorry to my mom and dad who spent $4,000 on nothing.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#13 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
      • 2,754 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 02:39 PM

There are some existing threads on these topics

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t40896

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22896

I used Crest Whitestrips prior to my wedding and they worked really well!!

#14 cpark

cpark
        • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:19 PM

I recently used the Crest white trays and liked them much better than the strips. About $30 CAD for a 7 day treatment. I noticed visual results after 3 days.

#15 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
          • 653 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 04:43 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by vlynnw
            I'm also considering invisalign. I've been wanting to do it for awhile, like you it doesn't really show up much in pictures but they still bother me. I've talked to my dentist and with the invisalign they also add the whitening to put in the trays for free. I had braces on when I was younger but after they look them off you could literally watch my teeth move back within 2 hours - an orthodontist later told me they put them on way to early, so sorry to my mom and dad who spent $4,000 on nothing.
            omg, I had the EXACT same experience!
            I actually went to the orthodontist this morning for a consultation on Invisalign and found out it wasn't covered under my dental plan

I just don't have the $2000 to shell out right now (for uppers only) although I would really love to do it and maybe eventually will. I am also considering a veneer on the 1 tooth that's bothering me (it's a little receeded and when I smile, it sometimes gets overshadowed and looks like I'm missing a tooth). My friends and FI tell me I'm crazy and that my teeth are fine, but everyone notices things about themselves that they don't like.

I use Rembrandt 2 hour whitening system. I originally did almost the whole thing at once (1.5hrs) and it burnt my gums really badly!
            So now I only do 2 sets every couple months. People always comment on how white my teeth are and the trays are so simple!

#16 maudy mac

maudy mac
            • 31 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

my teeth are waaay too sensitive for Crest White Strips. Thinking of getting a couple of crowns done too to straighten my smile!

#17 kristen6212

kristen6212
              • 184 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

If your teeth are sensitive, try using Sensodyne and a fluoride mouth rinse for a week or two before using the white strips! It helps with sensitivity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users