Sign in to follow this  
emmes

Newbie intro & budget question...

I think 20-25k is reasonable, I think it will really depend on what "extras" you choose to do. I spent around 12-15k on our Cabo wedding, I only had 6 guests and that included everything (trip, dress, photographer, etc)

Congrats and welcome! I definitely think that you can work with that budget. It all depends on your choices, this forum with help you find lots of info!

Sure, I definitely think your budget is doable. Especially if you incorporate some DIY projects and don't go overboard on things like OOT bags. Like the other girls mentioned, do a forum search and there is a great thread where everyone shared their budgets and guest counts.

Happy planning!

Congrats and Welcome! Thats a good budget to work with. It all depends where you want to splurge and where you know you are ok with saving. Things like a dress alone could easily dip well into the budget. Another thing is the cost of the reception, being that you will be having around 80 people, most wedding packages will cover anywhere from 10-25 people (maybe more, I havent seen), anything above this number is an additional cost per guest. The extra cost can be for the dinner, cocktail hour etc so that could range on avg 100pp dep whats included. These additional fees can add up. Photography is another item to be considered as well as a dj.

Once you narrow down a resort you will have a better idea what is included in a general package and how you will need to customize it for your wedding.

Happy Planning! :)