• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mariusz

mariusz
  • Vendor
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 10:22 AM

Hi everyone!
    I wonder what photography style do you prefer. For the last few years wedding photojournalism was dominating. Now it seems that the illustrative photo style become the next big thing. what do you think?

#2 TerraDawn

TerraDawn
    • 85 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:12 PM

I've definitely seen a trend with a combination of the two, recently. The majority of brides I book prefer all photojournalism...and then an hour or day set aside aside for more creative formal, artistic shots.

Of course, I do get requests for more traditional styles, but definitely not as often as the other two.

I don't think photojournalism is being replaced, so much as combined with the more Illustrative style.

#3 O'Driscoll Photography

O'Driscoll Photography
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 02:16 PM

I agree with Terra. I don't think photojournalism will ever go out of style, as capturing real moments of love, tenderness, and joy are something that every bride will want in her album. However, many brides today also like to look and feel like a model, so they prefer to also have some fashion type images of themselves and their man.

Tod

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

I thought photojournalism was what I was looking for. Probably because it was on the websites of most of the photographers whos images I liked even if they were not doing true photojournalism.

I later realized I wasn't looking for photojournalism. I like some staged pictures, but with real interactions. I just didn't want the cheesy, posey stuff. For example I like if the photographers puts you in a nice location & directs some hand placement, but then you interact naturally so the picture is a real, loving moment. What I didn't want was a photographer that would have you do something unnatural that is just kind of silly. I'd give examples, but they might be someone's wedding pictures.

So I would say that the style I like is a big mix. Photojournalism for the reception & ceremony. Relaxed & fun style for the family & bridal party shots. Staged with little moments captured in between for the couples shots.

#5 Sheeoni

Sheeoni
          • 68 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 01:38 AM

Hmmm this a thought provoking thread. I'd like to see other people's ideas on this as well. I'm still trying to explain to our friend what it is I'm looking for when he shoots our wedding and I don't know how to explain it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users