Any one know of a great dressmaker?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 08:53 PM

Does anyone know of a great designer knock off dress maker? I fell in love with a Jenny Lee dress thats 4k and not in my budget... I have found a few. But would feel more comfortable if any one had any referrals?

#2 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:08 PM

Hmm, I don't really know of anyone.. But I do have a question did you post this dress you fell in love with :-)

#3 tinabop

• 45 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

I have a great dressmaker, and am actually having my final fitting next weekend. I took advertisement photos of the Priscilla of Boston dress I wanted to copy and brought them to him. But he is in my hometown of Oklahoma City, which I see is quite far from you. Send me a private email if you are still interested despite the distance! Good luck!
        Kristina & Brian
        Playa del Carmen MX

#4 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:17 AM

Yes its Jenny Lee 524 and should be really easy to make it super simple... I have contacted two different dressmakers but none of them are in my area which is fine but a recommendation is always better..thanks!

#5 Adamsgrrl

• 466 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

I have one, she's actually making my dress but, she's in Chicago and I don't know how far you are from here. You probably don't want to be driving back and forth this far. I'm sure there are plenty of good seamstresses in MI..... maybe go to a local fabric store and ask, they should know, they probably have a lot of seamstresses who shop there often.

Good Luck!

#6 ajncooter

• 983 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 07:23 PM

thats a great idea... i found two dressmakers online that have made her style of dresses before and they are not in Michigan so I figured if I was going out of state I might as well go with one that you guys referred.... here it is tammy this is the 4k one from elizabeths....

its in the spring collection 2 the first dress on the left

Jenny Lee Bridal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users