Photo

Moon Palace wedding cake

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
  • 183 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

I had another MP bride send me some basic cake photos. PM me and I can send it to you. It looks like you can have any cake made as well...but the quality isn't the same since they don't have practice with the different designs. also, cutierose recommended that you bring a cake stand, fyi

#12 alison15

alison15
    • 356 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 03:51 PM

It seems most complaints of MP are about the cakes. It seems they often come out uneven or melting. In the end, a minor detail that it seems most brides are laughing about.

#13 KGirl99

KGirl99
      • 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Anyone know what different flavors the cakes can come with?

#14 jackie_c

jackie_c
        • 431 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 04:42 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by KGirl99
          Anyone know what different flavors the cakes can come with?
          I've heard people get chocolate, and vanilla with strawberries, but I think a few brides even special requested their favorites (like cheesecake or flan-type) and they obliged (hopefully that wasn't another hotel!).

You can get different flavors for different tiers too if you're going with a larger cake.

#15 KGirl99

KGirl99
          • 189 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:10 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jackie_c
            I've heard people get chocolate, and vanilla with strawberries, but I think a few brides even special requested their favorites (like cheesecake or flan-type) and they obliged (hopefully that wasn't another hotel!).

You can get different flavors for different tiers too if you're going with a larger cake.

That is exactly what I'm planning on doing. I did like one of the cakes that MP had on their wedding website but it wasn't on any of the optional service photos my WC emailed me. I copied the photo and I'm going to send it to my WC to see if she can make it happen. I really don't want to customize it too much since I have seen some really bad cakes out there wherein they tried to have the cakes almost custom-made.

#16 jackie_c

jackie_c
            • 431 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:37 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by KGirl99
              That is exactly what I'm planning on doing. I did like one of the cakes that MP had on their wedding website but it wasn't on any of the optional service photos my WC emailed me. I copied the photo and I'm going to send it to my WC to see if she can make it happen. I really don't want to customize it too much since I have seen some really bad cakes out there wherein they tried to have the cakes almost custom-made.
              Post a pic! I'd LOVE to see!
              I think I'm going go to do a cake upgrade since it's my wedding, but know a lot of it might not get eaten since there are desserts at the reception dinner too.

How big do you think the complimentary cake would be if I'm having 30-35 people? It's hard not to envision a tiered cake for the big day, and would be a bit disappointed if I got a Safeway-style slab cake.

#17 KGirl99

KGirl99
              • 189 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 01:09 AM

Quote:
                Post a pic! I'd LOVE to see!
                I think I'm going go to do a cake upgrade since it's my wedding, but know a lot of it might not get eaten since there are desserts at the reception dinner too.

How big do you think the complimentary cake would be if I'm having 30-35 people? It's hard not to envision a tiered cake for the big day, and would be a bit disappointed if I got a Safeway-style slab cake.

If you have about 30-35 people, I think they'll probably go with a bigger sized cake- maybe three tiers. You could even add an extra tier for a certain price. I'm not sure, I heard it was around 150$ for an extra tier.

This is the cake I'm going to go with. I saw this on the MP website and I fell in love with it. I'm asking them to use green cymbidium orchids (I got the Emerald package) instead of the white ones.

Click the image to open in full size.

#18 jackie_c

jackie_c
                • 431 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:02 AM

Gorgeous! I love that it has embossed leaves and green orchids are so beautiful. I'm considering using one for my hair but am so undecided on hair, veil, flower combos! Who know weddings could be so tough? The lighter green orchid would so such a chic accent to an emerald wedding, good call.

The three tier is beautiful. I just want AT LEAST a two tier, and if they could do that for free I'd be in there like swimwear.

You only have a couple more months to go, you must be so excited!

#19 KGirl99

KGirl99
                  • 189 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 02:20 AM

Quote:
                    Gorgeous! I love that it has embossed leaves and green orchids are so beautiful. I'm considering using one for my hair but am so undecided on hair, veil, flower combos! Who know weddings could be so tough? The lighter green orchid would so such a chic accent to an emerald wedding, good call.

The three tier is beautiful. I just want AT LEAST a two tier, and if they could do that for free I'd be in there like swimwear.

You only have a couple more months to go, you must be so excited!

I know. Can't wait to get on the plane. It was really fun planning the entire thing- and I'm so glad I didn't turn into a bridezilla! Having the WCs really helps.
                    With about 30-35 people, they'll probably give you the three tier complimentary cake. I'm expecting that many people too.
                    For hair, I'm just going to d a simple updo with a tiara. The gown is really elaborate and I think adding a veil would just be overkill.
                    If you're going to do flowers and a veil, why not try this one? I got this photo from theknot.com

Click the image to open in full size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users