Photo

How do you let guests know where you are registered?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 meghan

meghan
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

Hi everyone, How do you let your guests know where you are registered? Do you put where you are registered on your invitations?

#2 jmiranda

jmiranda
    • 697 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:28 PM

I am putting it on our website and letting my mom and sister tell everyone.

#3 lmuze

lmuze
      • 457 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:39 PM

I am putting it on our website and the website is on the STD cards.

#4 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 19 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Traditionally, word of mouth was the proper way for people to share this information. With wedding websites and such, it's become increasingly common to add information there, however, it is commonly done with a disclaimer (Your presence is the only gift we want), so as not to make your wedding seem like a gift-grab.

Proper etiquette says that under no circumstances, should you include this information with your wedding invites.

Shower invites are different, as they are intended to "shower" the new bride she would need to set up house, so a registry card can be included with the invite, but it is considered bad form to add that information to the face of an invitation.

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#5 meghan

meghan
        • 832 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the help ladies :) I think I will just put it on the website.

#6 angie8119

angie8119
          • 198 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:10 PM

yea I put it on the website too. glad for this thread though cause I was going to add to the invitations as well.

#7 michelle6114

michelle6114
            • 209 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 10:02 PM

I agree about not putting it in the invitation. I think it's incredible tacky when an invitation comes with registry information. Anyone who cares will ask your parents or bridal party if you are registered somewhere.

#8 Tonir

Tonir
              • 283 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 08:54 AM

I don't even know if we'll register, because I do not feel right having a shower (most of the people we invited are coming to the wedding and I would rather they spend their money coming), but if we do register I'll just put it on the website or let my mom tell people when they ask.

#9 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

we are putting our website on our STD's, and people will find out that way! How did people ever figure these things without the internet! hehehe
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#10 Lashawn

Lashawn
                  • Banned
                  • 156 posts

Posted 30 August 2009 - 10:11 PM

I put the bloomingdales registry card in my invites. I had not discovered this forum before I sent the invites out. I am surprised that I did that though. I remember getting an invite with a card included and I thought to myself "they just want another gift" then a year later, I do the same thing.. shame on me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users