• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#581 j081717

j081717
  • 52 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ashnic2005 View Post
    Yes, I was impressed with the pictures too. What I like especially was the husband-wife team... The prices were very reasonable and you don;t have to pay for traveling cost.... That is why I chose them too.
    I totally agree...I booked them too. I am so excited!

#582 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
    • 545 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:56 PM

i have a quick question, not sure if anyone will know this. with the packaegs, you get a dinner reservation for up to 35 people. what happens if you have more than 35 people? do we have to pay for a private event?
      a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#583 j081717

j081717
      • 52 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by katiemcad View Post
        Hi everyone! I'm a May 29th, 2010 Moon Palace bride and I'm having a Catholic ceremony. Is anyone else doing a Catholic ceremnony? Has anyone else had experience with Fr. Aguilar? Is he the priest people are saying has poor English? Also, did you pick all of your readings beforehand and submit them to him months in advance or did you do that when you got on site?
        Katiemcad...another May 29th wedding...so excited to hear! I know of at least one other wedding happening on the same day as well..I'm not doing a catholic ceremony so I'm not sure about the priest. Good Luck!

#584 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
        • 426 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:24 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Woodsylou
          i have a quick question, not sure if anyone will know this. with the packaegs, you get a dinner reservation for up to 35 people. what happens if you have more than 35 people? do we have to pay for a private event?
          That would be my guess, but not positive....

#585 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
          • 545 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

yeah that's my guess too. at the moment im not too worried that we're not getting free events (even though we have 86 room nights booked) but if they want to have a private event because we have lots of people, then im going to have to fight my corner. we'll see!

#586 asbarret

asbarret
            • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

How many over 35?? If its just a few, maybe they can work with you. if not....private event!!

#587 asbarret

asbarret
              • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:52 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by aj42781
                Hi all, i am considering Moon palace for march 2011 wedding. I was all set on it after reading this message board,but then i read some bad reviews on tripadvisor and something about guests having to wear bracelets. The wrist bracelet turns me off from this resort. I want my guest to be at a nice top of the line place...not a spring break wrist band wearing place...any thoughts on this? anyone been there before? im sad becausei thought i was dead set on this place
                I think you have the wrong impression. Moon palace is not at all a "spring breakers" hang out. And every site gives it 4-5 stars. The wrist bands distinguish between types of guests (yellow for honeymooners, green for timeshare holders, etc). It not some all access clubbing pass or anything. And moon palace is secluded and completely off the cancun hotel strip.

#588 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
                • 545 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:57 PM

well so far im ok, only have 33 so far (and one of them is under 2) but just in case anyone else books! planning ahead and all that!

#589 snoopAsh

snoopAsh
                  • 400 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:59 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by aj42781
                    Hi all, i am considering Moon palace for march 2011 wedding. I was all set on it after reading this message board,but then i read some bad reviews on tripadvisor and something about guests having to wear bracelets. The wrist bracelet turns me off from this resort. I want my guest to be at a nice top of the line place...not a spring break wrist band wearing place...any thoughts on this? anyone been there before? im sad becausei thought i was dead set on this place
                    I too, absolutley LOVE Moon Palace. I have vacationed there twice and plan on getting married there in May. I have not had any problems with my WC or anyone else.
                    http://i682.photobuc....curb/th_55.jpg
                    May 29, 2010
                    Cancun, Mexico

#590 ashnic2005

ashnic2005
                    • 274 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:30 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Woodsylou
                      I too will be having a welcome dinner for over 35 people. I was told that the capacity of most restaurants are 35 people. Therefore we are doing another private event for when people arrive. It will be for the day before the wedding...sort of a meet and greet. I was told that we could either book a ballroom or outside Terrace and then serve food similar to what we wanted at from a restaurant. If you have 20 and over (I believe that what the contract says) rooms booked you can have however many private functions that you want. I was even thinking about doing a breakfast or brunch before everyone leaves.
                      Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users