Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#491 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
  • Member
  • 545 posts

    Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:45 AM

    Hey

    i know the WC's dont contact you until 60 days before your wedding, but i also know you can send them details of everything you want, so they can look into it for you. i've got 6 months until my wedding and i have sorted most of the details now.

    just send them an email with your details of your date and time of wedding and what you want (i.e. beach wedding location, cocktail reception location, menu, private event details location menu, photography package and photographer request etc etc) even if they don't reply, they'll keep it on your file and will try and get you what you request
    a UK bride :)

    35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

    My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

    #492 asbarret

    asbarret
    • Jr. Member
    • 217 posts

      Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:18 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Woodsylou
      Hey

      i know the WC's dont contact you until 60 days before your wedding, but i also know you can send them details of everything you want, so they can look into it for you. i've got 6 months until my wedding and i have sorted most of the details now.

      just send them an email with your details of your date and time of wedding and what you want (i.e. beach wedding location, cocktail reception location, menu, private event details location menu, photography package and photographer request etc etc) even if they don't reply, they'll keep it on your file and will try and get you what you request
      Thanks for the tip! My wedding is still 10 months out, but I already know some things I want....I want to plan!

      ****I did just book Sascha Gluck for my photographer. I love his work and he is very reasonable. I had no qualms about booking him this far out. This is his website: Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World

      #493 Woodsylou

      Woodsylou
      • Member
      • 545 posts

        Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:30 PM

        the only thing i found is i sent an email asking for x y z and then changed my mind! haha! but they've been great. my wedding is in July and i have confirmed my wedding ceremony location, my dinner reservation at the restaurant i wanted, my photographer etc etc :)
        a UK bride :)

        35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

        My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

        #494 MookersLovesGrover

        MookersLovesGrover
        • Newbie
        • 5 posts

          Posted 12 January 2010 - 03:34 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by asbarret
          Thanks for the tip! My wedding is still 10 months out, but I already know some things I want....I want to plan!

          ****I did just book Sascha Gluck for my photographer. I love his work and he is very reasonable. I had no qualms about booking him this far out. This is his website: Destination Wedding Photographer for Cancun and Riviera Maya and the rest of the World
          Asbarret: Good call booking Sascha Gluck. His work is beautiful! Have you seen the work from the resort photographers? I am really wanting some great pictures, and I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with a resort photogs work.... You said Sascha is fairly reasonable? If you don't mind my asking, what sort of package did you choose?
          Thank you! You are sure to get some beautiful pictures...

          #495 indy_chic

          indy_chic
          • Jr. Member
          • 336 posts

            Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:27 PM

            Has anyone purchased the fireworks package from MP ? If so , were you pleased with it? How long was the show?? I've received only slight details from the WC ie. # of shells.

            #496 asbarret

            asbarret
            • Jr. Member
            • 217 posts

              Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:28 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by MookersLovesGrover
              Asbarret: Good call booking Sascha Gluck. His work is beautiful! Have you seen the work from the resort photographers? I am really wanting some great pictures, and I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with a resort photogs work.... You said Sascha is fairly reasonable? If you don't mind my asking, what sort of package did you choose?
              Thank you! You are sure to get some beautiful pictures...
              Sascha is very reasonable! I will pm you with prices, but we are talking thousands less than other quotes it received!

              #497 asbarret

              asbarret
              • Jr. Member
              • 217 posts

                Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:33 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by MookersLovesGrover
                Asbarret: Good call booking Sascha Gluck. His work is beautiful! Have you seen the work from the resort photographers? I am really wanting some great pictures, and I am not sure if I am going to be completely happy with a resort photogs work.... You said Sascha is fairly reasonable? If you don't mind my asking, what sort of package did you choose?
                Thank you! You are sure to get some beautiful pictures...
                Sascha is very reasonable! We are talking thousands less than other quotes I received...and his work is amazing. I will pm you with prices.

                #498 indy_chic

                indy_chic
                • Jr. Member
                • 336 posts

                  Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:58 PM

                  Sooo I 'm getting married at MP in April 2010 - I just received my first email from my WC last week as I was advised by the wedding sales exec. to expect an email no sooner than 3 months before my wedding date. So she sent me some vague information about meals, honeymoon breakfast and additional services but no mention of the wedding /reception location.
                  I sent her an email today to confirm (try) my ceremony and reception area. She tells me the area I want has already been booked?!!! WTF....how is this possible if you're not contacted until 3 months before the wedding This obviously isn't the case as I know alot of you have already had contact with your wc's - but fair is fair. If this is their policy this is what they should be following.
                  Any advice??

                  #499 TonyandTricia

                  TonyandTricia
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 426 posts

                    Posted 12 January 2010 - 11:28 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by indy_chic
                    Sooo I 'm getting married at MP in April 2010 - I just received my first email from my WC last week as I was advised by the wedding sales exec. to expect an email no sooner than 3 months before my wedding date. So she sent me some vague information about meals, honeymoon breakfast and additional services but no mention of the wedding /reception location.
                    I sent her an email today to confirm (try) my ceremony and reception area. She tells me the area I want has already been booked?!!! WTF....how is this possible if you're not contacted until 3 months before the wedding This obviously isn't the case as I know alot of you have already had contact with your wc's - but fair is fair. If this is their policy this is what they should be following.
                    Any advice??
                    I just sent them an email telling them that I'm frustrated with the whole process. I too was assigned to a gazebo and a private function area. I've been told that I cannot submit my ceremony script for my symbolic ceremony when other brides have. Mseddy just wrote about how well they said hers. The restaurant I wanted for my welcome dinner is not available because I have too many people and have read that other people had theirs there with MORE people. I do not qualify for the complimentary cocktail hours even though I have about 15 rooms booked. And have been told that since I am bringing down my bouquet they will order me the complementary flowers and I can assemble my own boutonneires with the flowers. Just what I want to do before my wedding. It sounds like I'm having a pity party, but I am just frustrated. I know it will all be fine and beautiful, but today I am just having a frustrated day! :)

                    #500 Jodimichelle

                    Jodimichelle
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 310 posts

                      Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:32 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by asbarret
                      Sascha is very reasonable! We are talking thousands less than other quotes I received...and his work is amazing. I will pm you with prices.
                      Hey please send me Sasha's work if you have it. Photographer right? I am not sure if I am going with the photographer on site, but I would liek to see options. Does anyone know where I can find the MP photographers pictures and if anyone has any complaints.I am sure i read up on the MP Photo. but I cannot seem to rem.

                      Thanks so much.

                      **Still Hoping to finish my Invitations sooon!
                      24 Rooms Booked!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users