Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#461 avery12

avery12
  • Newbie
  • 24 posts

    Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

    Future Ms.Moulton - thanks for the info! That's interesting, it's weird it seems like everyone is being told something different? That's crazy they won't honor your contract? So what are they telling you was the point of signing a group contract?

    #462 Jodimichelle

    Jodimichelle
    • Jr. Member
    • 310 posts

      Posted 07 January 2010 - 09:54 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
      Just a heads up- If you want to have good and frequent contact with your coordinator this is not the place to book. I am getting married in 53 days and have more frustration than good experiences until now. I've been to the Moon for a wedding and thats why I choose it. To be honest I am starting to regret my decision for the price we are paying.
      I am getting annoyed too for u. How horrible. Sorry. You betterrrr call every single person you can until you get in touch 53 days is still enough time, but it should not be this hard to be in contact. I hope hope it works for u and your experience is better from here on out!
      24 Rooms Booked!

      #463 vgirl17

      vgirl17
      • Jr. Member
      • 315 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
      • LocationVacaville, CA

      Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:24 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by avery12
      Future Ms.Moulton - thanks for the info! That's interesting, it's weird it seems like everyone is being told something different? That's crazy they won't honor your contract? So what are they telling you was the point of signing a group contract?
      I think the confusion here is that there are group contracts with Moon Palace and there are Group Contracts with your travel agent. I think when you fill out your wedding contract it asks if you are working with a travel agent. From what I understand your travel agent has to coordinate a group booking with the Moon Palace directly to link it with your wedding ahead of time in order to qualify you for the free events or you can bypass the travel agent altogether and work with Moon Palace directly to have a group booking. Once you have a confirmed group booking with Moon they give you a booking link (or give your travel agent a group booking link) so that they can keep track of who books for your wedding. Hope this helps. Good luck!

      #464 FutureMsMoulton

      FutureMsMoulton
      • Member
      • 762 posts

        Posted 07 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by vgirl17
        I think the confusion here is that there are group contracts with Moon Palace and there are Group Contracts with your travel agent. I think when you fill out your wedding contract it asks if you are working with a travel agent. From what I understand your travel agent has to coordinate a group booking with the Moon Palace directly to link it with your wedding ahead of time in order to qualify you for the free events or you can bypass the travel agent altogether and work with Moon Palace directly to have a group booking. Once you have a confirmed group booking with Moon they give you a booking link (or give your travel agent a group booking link) so that they can keep track of who books for your wedding. Hope this helps. Good luck!
        Maybe they changed it (that would be so great for future brides) when did you sign your contract? We signed ours in April and it was in big bold letters that they won't honor anything outside of the moon palace. Maybe enough people threw a fit over it and they changed it. It doesn't/didn't seem fair to me because they quoted my group rate of $633 per room/per night for 2 ppl and i was like HECK NO I am no going to ask people to pay that much! You're crazy. Since then they have changed thier rates for me, after I called and complained. Thanks ladies for the info.

        #465 NJ Hunnie

        NJ Hunnie
        • Jr. Member
        • 436 posts

          Posted 08 January 2010 - 02:45 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by avery12
          Hi NJ Hunnie - so cool! And you are from NJ too! We'll have to all make sure to meet up at some point. We are staying Monday to Monday.. How about you guys??
          Hi Ladies,

          I am staying Tuesday to Tuesday. Yes, I am from Central Jersey.... the East Brunswick area. I would love to meet up~!

          MP Bride, Right now I am just waiting for everyone to confirm so I can finish my oot bags and final planning!

          #466 moonpalacebride

          moonpalacebride
          • Jr. Member
          • 202 posts

            Posted 08 January 2010 - 03:20 AM

            I'm in the same boat with the OOT's also, just waiting for that final headcount, which I should have within this month. I'm only off by a couple bags but I'd rather not make too many...!!

            I'm not sure if we're getting special treatment because of my FI's parents memberships or what, but they seem to be on board to fill all my requests regarding group bookings, and I just reviewed my contract to confirm that there's nothing about them whatsoever.

            I have all of my emails saved, so I will be going through them tomorrow morning to try to find that specific info.

            I'm down Monday to Monday also, then we're transferring to Aventura Spa Palace for our 2nd week. We'll definitely have to plan a night down there to have a couple drinks for sure!

            #467 Woodsylou

            Woodsylou
            • Member
            • 545 posts

              Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:26 AM

              OMG ITS SO EXCITING! i can't believe it's this year! i just had an email from my WC and it's made me so excited! WAHOOOOO!
              a UK bride :)

              35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

              My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

              #468 asbarret

              asbarret
              • Jr. Member
              • 217 posts

                Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:35 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
                Maybe they changed it (that would be so great for future brides) when did you sign your contract? We signed ours in April and it was in big bold letters that they won't honor anything outside of the moon palace. Maybe enough people threw a fit over it and they changed it. It doesn't/didn't seem fair to me because they quoted my group rate of $633 per room/per night for 2 ppl and i was like HECK NO I am no going to ask people to pay that much! You're crazy. Since then they have changed thier rates for me, after I called and complained. Thanks ladies for the info.
                I JUST signed my contract this week, and it does not say that they will not honor outside bookings. I even called a travel agent who asked me if I knew about the free cocktail hour after booking 10 rooms. I guess they have changed it.

                #469 asbarret

                asbarret
                • Jr. Member
                • 217 posts

                  Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:37 AM

                  Does anyone know how much it costs for the beach hupa set up? (Just the frame and white fabric....no flowers or colors)

                  Stupid me...I thought it was free!

                  #470 Woodsylou

                  Woodsylou
                  • Member
                  • 545 posts

                    Posted 08 January 2010 - 12:46 PM

                    i 'think' its about $180...
                    a UK bride :)

                    35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

                    My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/




                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users