Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#331 Carly022010

Carly022010
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

Hi there,

I've tried everything! I guess I'll just be patient for the next 15 days until I hit the 60 day mark.

I chose the Sun Palace because I wanted to get married on the Beach and there were no available times at the moon palace. BUT! from all the feedback I've heard, I guess the Sun Palace beach is the best! And it gets everyone to a new location for the night :)

#332 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
    • 380 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Carly022010
      Thank you for the quick responses!

We booked through the palace resorts and so did all of our guests. Since our group booked over 75 nights we recieved 7 free nights and unlimited private functions. After reading through everyones posts today, I actually changed my wedding package to the complimentary one so that we can pick and choose what we want :)
      How many people are in your group? I have a group of 23 so far and we racked up 84 nights (I counted everyone's #days individually or should it have been done in #rooms?). I wonder if my TA will honor this... or do I just tell MP directly bc the TA has nothing to do with this? confused.

#333 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
      • 310 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by doblauvelt
        How many people are in your group? I have a group of 23 so far and we racked up 84 nights (I counted everyone's #days individually or should it have been done in #rooms?). I wonder if my TA will honor this... or do I just tell MP directly bc the TA has nothing to do with this? confused.
        I would contact your TA and have them contact Moon Palace. They should honor it. I hope they do. This entire process has been driving me crazy!
        24 Rooms Booked!

#334 Carly022010

Carly022010
        • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:21 PM

Did you sign a group contract throught the palace resorts or a separate travel agency?

We did ours directly through the Moon Palace, I would talk to your travel agent anyway.

We have 53 people in our group I think 85 nights between all of them

#335 indy_chic

indy_chic
          • 336 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by doblauvelt
            I just went through this very same thing ...infact I let my wedding contract lapse because just couldn't get a straight answer from anyone.

We booked our travel to MP thru our TA . When I received my wedding contract there was no mention of any free cocktail/free private function. When I inquired with MP , they advised that it would be arranged with my TA. But the TA says it's MP's promotion, therefore they should be listing it in their contract. It went back and forth for weeks. The supplier even got involved but still nothing was given in writing guaranteeing these offers. I kept getting vague emails indicating that this was a standard promotion but was never given anything specifically relating to my group.

Eventually I spoke to Palace Resorts head office and although I still didnt' get anything in writing, they did confirm that whether the travel is booked with your TA or directly with MP, as long as you have a group contract you will be entitled to the wedding promotions.

Hope this helps....

#336 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
            • 426 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

Hi Ladies!

I've started to review the old 2008/2009 posts to get info on reception sites, restaurants, and any other advice I can find....Holy cow, it's gonna take DAYS to make it through! It's all very helpful though!!

#337 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
              • 380 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by indy_chic
                I just went through this very same thing ...infact I let my wedding contract lapse because just couldn't get a straight answer from anyone.

We booked our travel to MP thru our TA . When I received my wedding contract there was no mention of any free cocktail/free private function. When I inquired with MP , they advised that it would be arranged with my TA. But the TA says it's MP's promotion, therefore they should be listing it in their contract. It went back and forth for weeks. The supplier even got involved but still nothing was given in writing guaranteeing these offers. I kept getting vague emails indicating that this was a standard promotion but was never given anything specifically relating to my group.

Eventually I spoke to Palace Resorts head office and although I still didnt' get anything in writing, they did confirm that whether the travel is booked with your TA or directly with MP, as long as you have a group contract you will be entitled to the wedding promotions.

Hope this helps....
                Yea this helps, thanks!

My TA lists the MP promotions in the contract, I'll just have to talk to my TA about this. On my contract I see "Private Group functions are available without surcharge in meeting rooms and outdoor venues, except
                for beach when using inclusive Hotel menus with a minimum of 25 rooms paid nightly for 3 nights."

I only have 10 paid rooms so far so that's why I was wondering if you count the number of days per individual or per room. Looks like per room for me

#338 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
                • 310 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

my guests are trying to save money and I do not blame them. They are going with orbitz etc bc they get better deals.So in my case, I do not know what counts and what doesn't. I think MP should count my days regardless, bc if it weren't for us these 25 some rooms would not be booked there.
                  FRUSTRATEDDDDD

But i think I found my bridesmaid dresses!
                  24 Rooms Booked!

#339 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
                  • 310 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:53 PM

my guests are trying to save money and I do not blame them. They are going with orbitz etc bc they get better deals.So in my case, I do not know what counts and what doesn't. I think MP should count my days regardless, bc if it weren't for us these 25 some rooms would not be booked there.
                    FRUSTRATEDDDDD

24 Rooms Booked!

#340 vgirl17

vgirl17
                    • 315 posts
                    • Wedding Date:April 24, 2010
                    • Wedding Location:Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun, Mexico
                    • LocationVacaville, CA

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:37 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jodimichelle
                    FRUSTRATEDDDDD

I agree!!! I don't care how my guests get there, as long as they get there :) Isn't it such a relief when you get the bridesmaid dress! Then it feels like the bridesmaids are finally more involved and start to get more excited about the wedding too :) What color are you going with? We're on the 'shoe' phase now.. but we might wait until after the holidays since everything is so hectic right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users