Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#2171 kimbos

kimbos
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:27 PM

I just got engaged in Dec and was thinking a destination wedding would be easy. I was thinking I could plan everything quickly but WOW all of this wedding planning is a lot. I'm glad for all these post and info they help.

#2172 mpweddingplan

mpweddingplan
    • Site Supporter
    • 261 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

I am very early in planning and in dealing with the Miami WC for Palace Resorts, but I would be more than willing to attempt to answer any questions I can.  As far as dealing with the wedding coordinators, its really just patience.  Some times they will email you back in a day, sometimes it takes 6-10 days.  If you requested a wedding date via the website, someone will eventually contact you.

#2173 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
      • 300 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:13 PM

I had a similar reaction!!! the email back and forth can get taxing- but with a backdrop like MP- it's worth it :)

Originally Posted by kimbos 

I just got engaged in Dec and was thinking a destination wedding would be easy. I was thinking I could plan everything quickly but WOW all of this wedding planning is a lot. I'm glad for all these post and info they help.

#2174 DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl
        • 710 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:15 AM

call the Miami office. Emailing takes long to get a reply.

Originally Posted by SZanjan 

Can anyone help a newly engaged newbie with information or pictures of Cancun Palace? We are planning to have our legal ceremony at home then head to Cancun Palace for a symbolic ceremony and expect approximately 50 of our 165 invited guests to come. We will want a semi private rehearsal dinner Friday and a ceremony and private reception Saturday night. I am having trouble getting a response. I have emailed my request and also emailed the Miami office with no response...Please help! We want an October wedding so I need to hurry 

#2175 JennW818

JennW818
          • 267 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:17 PM

Does anyone know when/how Palace Resorts typically provides a refund for comp room nights earned via the group contract?

Jenn & Len - May 13, 2011 Moon Palace http://www.theweddin.../33762.png'></a>

#2176 Leigh17

Leigh17
            • 339 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

They send you a check after your stay is complete.  It took me almost 3 months to get my check.  Most of the delay was my fault I guess, but they are in no hurry to send out the money if you don't pester them about it.  At first I expected it to just show up on my credit card statement, and so I think I waited about 2 or 3 weeks before I even emailed the WC in Miami.  They stalled for a while...one time even telling me the check would be mailed the next Monday.  After they told me that, I forgot about it again for a few weeks.  When I emailed them again, they waited 4 days to respond, apologized & told me the check had been mailed out the day before.  That time I did get it within a day or two.  As with most correspondence with MP, it's slow, but in the end you get what you were promised!

Originally Posted by JennW818 

Does anyone know when/how Palace Resorts typically provides a refund for comp room nights earned via the group contract?

#2177 merrylee

merrylee
              • 687 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:26 PM

do you get a refund for both you and your husbands nights stay or just one person?

#2178 Lizard

Lizard
                • 42 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

Great Q~ and thanks for the response.....never really thought about how long it would take!

Originally Posted by Leigh17 

They send you a check after your stay is complete.  It took me almost 3 months to get my check.  Most of the delay was my fault I guess, but they are in no hurry to send out the money if you don't pester them about it.  At first I expected it to just show up on my credit card statement, and so I think I waited about 2 or 3 weeks before I even emailed the WC in Miami.  They stalled for a while...one time even telling me the check would be mailed the next Monday.  After they told me that, I forgot about it again for a few weeks.  When I emailed them again, they waited 4 days to respond, apologized & told me the check had been mailed out the day before.  That time I did get it within a day or two.  As with most correspondence with MP, it's slow, but in the end you get what you were promised!

#2179 Leigh17

Leigh17
                  • 339 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:08 AM

It was the full refund for our room (we earned 7 nights free). 

do you get a refund for both you and your husbands nights stay or just one person?

#2180 Amara3CUS

Amara3CUS
                    • 300 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:19 PM

ooh girl... i've heard mixed reviews on this. I have heard some people have a pretty easy process with it...and then others have to defend their benefit of getting the refund and waiting several weeks. I don't know the process yet. I am using the comp nights to stay an additional week for the honeymoon at another palace resort...so i've asked them to apply the comp nights to that.

Originally Posted by JennW818 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users