Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1891 CynLovesLuis

CynLovesLuis
  • Banned
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:56 AM

How ridiculous! Let me know what she says!

#1892 MrsC2be

MrsC2be
    • 33 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:37 AM

Thanks Asbarret, will have a look now xx Keep pushing re the fee they are trying to charge you, that is ridiculous!

#1893 marta0331

marta0331
      • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

That is the same thing i was told--not only am I paying $250 fee for an external DJ, I'm having my reception at the Caribbean Terrace and and they're charging me $350 for that as well.  I too am bringing my own linens and chair sashes and if they even think about charging me i may just lose it.  I have paid for the Amethyst package plus a separate reception fee and who knows what else--in total about $14k in fees which is just obsurd.  It better be worth it as i feel waaaay too stressed out right now and my wedding is on Oct 23rd.

#1894 alison15

alison15
        • 356 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

I have been here since Tuesday and everything is perfect!  Our guests are loving it.  The only thing I wish is that it could be longer.  The staff here is so amazing.  Ok off to our rehearsal and then wedding tomorrow! 

#1895 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
          • 87 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by alison15 

I have been here since Tuesday and everything is perfect!  Our guests are loving it.  The only thing I wish is that it could be longer.  The staff here is so amazing.  Ok off to our rehearsal and then wedding tomorrow! 

Best of luck Allson and glad to hear how amazing it is!!!

#1896 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
            • 87 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

Hi girls.

I was wondering something. If anyone is getting married legally before they go to Mexico and we need to bring a copy of the marriage license, can it be the copy we get that day from the judge or does it have to be the certified copy with the gold seal?

I planned on getting married the day before we leave.

Thanks!

#1897 asbarret

asbarret
              • 217 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:30 AM

haven't heard back from WC about the BS fees. ill keep you posted.

glad to hear word from the inside allison! cant wait to hear more

scorpio, we are getting legally married in mexico

#1898 Melissa35

Melissa35
                • 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:21 AM

Lana, here is what the sapphire package in the gazebo will look like! 

gazebo

#1899 LanaM

LanaM
                  • 196 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:52 PM

Thank you Melissa.

Originally Posted by Melissa35 

Lana, here is what the sapphire package in the gazebo will look like! 

gazebo

Alex & Lana
                    ~11.18.11~
                    Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

#1900 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
                    • 87 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by asbarret 

I sent my WC my wedding document, with every confirmation and all the details outlined. I got one surpirise when she sent it back to me with her answers. She said since i am bringing my own linens (which we have talked about before), she said there would be a $55 charge for the ceremony AND one for the reception. WTF. I called her on the BS, and I haven't heard back. First of all, I have NEVER heard of a bride having to do this before. And furthermore, we are already paying a $270 set up fee because of the difficulty of setting up on the rooftop terrace.

Thoughts?

That's ridiculous. And $270 is a fee for the set up of the ceremony or the reception? Who is your WC? The only set up fee I'm beeing charged is for decorations for the reception.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users