Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#181 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
  • Member
  • 545 posts

    Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:22 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cb280182
    I honestly cant wait, its going to be so good. Every time I mention Moon Palace people seems to know all about it, its known as one of the top hotels! Our date is 2nd June 2010, we have 12 adults and 2 kids so far but about 10 possibles that are fairly certain to go and then four who said they would but the excuses are starting. I dont mind if they cant come just wish they were honest and told me rather than me finding out from others.
    We booked with Virgin through our local TA so we didnt know about the bulk deal you get either but we are getting lots of other things free. H2b is catholic so we are having the Immaculate conception chapel. Like you we are also not doing the private cocktail bit.
    how are you getting lots of other things free? share your tips!
    Think you have to get your passports certified by a solicitor and also birth certifcates sent to FCO for 'approval' (basically rubber stamp them and charge you £62 for the privilage!). then send these onto the TA.
    oh right, i better get onto that then!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cb280182
    Flowers is a big issue for me too. SOOOOO expensive and you cant use outside vendors. Think I have a solution as I need 2 x BM bouquets as well. Found a website called bloominggorgeous.net. going to get real touch flowers for me and the bridesmaids (fraction of the price and you can keep them forever) and then ask if I can use my free bouquet flowers as a table piece instead of a bouquet... hope they will let me.
    i was thinking of real touch flowers too. that's an idea. let me know how you get on. have you contacted Bloominggorgeous yet? what kind of prices are they quoting? how will you get them from home to Mexico?

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cb280182
    I'm not going to do OOT bags but will get really nice favours for the guests. Are you doing them?

    x
    yeah i'm doing OOT bags, only because i am so excited about the idea of organising them! i am doing very basic favours though!

    it's so nice to talk to another UK MP bride! how are you finding the logistics of being so far away? have you been to the MP before?
    a UK bride :)

    35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

    My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

    #182 indy_chic

    indy_chic
    • Jr. Member
    • 336 posts

      Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:55 AM

      Can someone explain the logistics of being married legally in your own country AND then getting "married" again as part of the destination wedding??

      Thks.

      #183 doblauvelt

      doblauvelt
      • Jr. Member
      • 380 posts

        Posted 09 November 2009 - 11:09 AM

        I'm working on my formal invites now and want to include an optional group activity for people to rsvp on, how do I go about doing this? Should I wait until a WC is assigned to me or be proactive and contact the Miami WC? Also, I noticed a lof of you girls with wedding dates a month or two after me already have your gazebos/terraces book and I still haven't, again..should I be proactive about this?

        #184 Woodsylou

        Woodsylou
        • Member
        • 545 posts

          Posted 09 November 2009 - 12:17 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by indy_chic
          Can someone explain the logistics of being married legally in your own country AND then getting "married" again as part of the destination wedding??

          Thks.
          What exactly do you need to know? I was looking at doing this when i was going to get married in Portugal. basicallly you have a legal wedding in your own country, any kind you want (we were going to have a small registry office wedding with just our parents and brothers) and then you go to your country of choice and have a blessing ceremony, which is just like a wedding, but i think the wording of the ceremony are slightly different. it looks/feels like just like a wedding though. hope that is of some help!


          Quote:
          Originally Posted by doblauvelt
          I'm working on my formal invites now and want to include an optional group activity for people to rsvp on, how do I go about doing this? Should I wait until a WC is assigned to me or be proactive and contact the Miami WC? Also, I noticed a lof of you girls with wedding dates a month or two after me already have your gazebos/terraces book and I still haven't, again..should I be proactive about this?

          it's totally up to you. i got my WC so early because Palace resorts made a bit of a mistake with my original booking so they gave me a direct contact early. i think they're regretting it because i bug them with emails often! although they take weeks to reply!

          if you want why don't you email weddings@palaceresorts.com and ask them to come back to you on x y z questions you have, and then i bet they'll reply and copy in a MP WC! then you'll have a contact to hassle!

          i am of the mindset that i am in no rush to get things confirmed, but if i can get things done early, then great!

          hope that's of some help!
          a UK bride :)

          35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

          My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

          #185 FutureMsMoulton

          FutureMsMoulton
          • Member
          • 762 posts

            Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:11 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by indy_chic
            Can someone explain the logistics of being married legally in your own country AND then getting "married" again as part of the destination wedding??

            Thks.
            To do the blood work at the moon and have a minister do your ceremony it is $350. You may also have to get apostle seals on the birth certificates which i was told is $25 each seal and you need one for each of you. The wedding certificate they give you is all in Spanish and you have to pay someone either at the resort or back in your home country to get it translated (anywhere from $50- $100). If you are like me getting blood taken leaves MASSIVE black and blue marks and doesn't look very pretty especially in wedding photos.

            My soultion: Las Vegas the minister and marriage license is $115 and you can get the license and walk across the street to the Justice of the Peace and get married 35 seconds later. MUCH easier than dealing with all of the legal stuff in Mexico!

            Of course if Las Vegas isn't your style you could always find out the local marriage license in your area and go and get married at the court house!

            #186 indy_chic

            indy_chic
            • Jr. Member
            • 336 posts

              Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:42 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
              To do the blood work at the moon and have a minister do your ceremony it is $350. You may also have to get apostle seals on the birth certificates which i was told is $25 each seal and you need one for each of you. The wedding certificate they give you is all in Spanish and you have to pay someone either at the resort or back in your home country to get it translated (anywhere from $50- $100). If you are like me getting blood taken leaves MASSIVE black and blue marks and doesn't look very pretty especially in wedding photos.

              My soultion: Las Vegas the minister and marriage license is $115 and you can get the license and walk across the street to the Justice of the Peace and get married 35 seconds later. MUCH easier than dealing with all of the legal stuff in Mexico!

              Of course if Las Vegas isn't your style you could always find out the local marriage license in your area and go and get married at the court house!


              Thks. I never thought of possible bruising

              #187 jo&delo2010

              jo&delo2010
              • Newbie
              • 93 posts

                Posted 10 November 2009 - 04:22 AM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by doblauvelt
                I'm working on my formal invites now and want to include an optional group activity for people to rsvp on, how do I go about doing this? Should I wait until a WC is assigned to me or be proactive and contact the Miami WC? Also, I noticed a lof of you girls with wedding dates a month or two after me already have your gazebos/terraces book and I still haven't, again..should I be proactive about this?
                I think you should! I noticed other people booking things as well so I went ahead and contacted the miami office to assign me a WC. When I emailed her I was only given 2 choices for the cocktail..one was grass and the other was paved by the water. I told her high heels dont work well with grass lol

                So email miami and get your WC :)
                Not even rain could ruin my wedding day!

                #188 cb280182

                cb280182
                • Newbie
                • 107 posts

                  Posted 10 November 2009 - 07:07 AM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JSimMCP
                  CB280182! How neat. Im getting married at Moon Palace on June 5th! 3 days after your wedding. How far along are you in planning?
                  Hi, we will be flying out that day but off to our honeymoon!. I havent been able to do much as ive not been assigned a wedding co-ord yet. Ive got my dress and looking into flower, favours name places etc. What about you? Which location have to chosen for the cermony?

                  x

                  #189 doblauvelt

                  doblauvelt
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 380 posts

                    Posted 10 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by jo&delo2010
                    I think you should! I noticed other people booking things as well so I went ahead and contacted the miami office to assign me a WC. When I emailed her I was only given 2 choices for the cocktail..one was grass and the other was paved by the water. I told her high heels dont work well with grass lol

                    So email miami and get your WC :)
                    That's exactly what I did. I'm still waiting on an answer, though. Guess they're slow, are they normally slow at responding?

                    OH, rates have dropped, has anyone else noticed? I told my TA and she's gonna adjust the rates for my guests :)

                    #190 ashnic2005

                    ashnic2005
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 274 posts

                      Posted 10 November 2009 - 11:55 PM

                      How low did the rates drop. I have been working with my WC. Her name is Maribel.
                      She has been putting everything in my file that I am wanting. The only thing that I am frustrated with is the flowers. I wish we could get a better deal on real flowers. I am not a fan of fake flowers but it could be a option for part of the wedding party.
                      I am wanting flowers at the ceremony down the aisles. Simple flowers in a ball will cost around $110.00 each and that does not include the stands!!!! And it will be carnations not roses. That is riduculous!!! I was told that there will be more options when I get there but I really want to get a feel for the prices. I do have in possession the flower arrangements available but nothing interest me there.
                      My wedding site will be at the Tuscan. It is located at the far end on the Nuzic side.
                      Most of our wedding party will be on the Sunrise side . Since we have a lot of young people, I think they would prefer that side. There is a lot of action...Plus the reception will be in the ballroom on the Sunrise side. So we will start off on the Nuzic and end up on the Sunrise side. I am thinking about using the event planners that Moon Palace uses for decorations of the ballroom. We are wanting colors and drapery on the walls.
                      I also want the monogram on the runners at the ceremony as well as the monogram on the wall in the ballroom. We decided that June is too hot to have the reception outside so that is why I am spending a little more on a more formal reception. we are not having a at home reception. we are expecting around 80 people to attend our wedding in Cancun. I am using an outside photographer too. I believe that the pictures are the lasting memories of that day so I want someone that will create that moment to last forever. Anyone else get flower quotes outside the packages?
                      I was really wanting the fireworks but what I have heard, it is not worth the money.
                      My wedding ceremony will take place at 5pm and the cocktails will be at 6pm and dinner at 700pm.
                      Bride and Groom + 62 Booked = PARTAAAY!
                       

                       





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users