Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1851 alison15

alison15
  • 356 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 12:12 PM

Welcome Melissa.  I am getting married in less than 2 weeks!  Yes, everything is overwhelming right now!!

#1852 Melissa35

Melissa35
    • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

Hi Scorpio!!...Soooo exciting!!!...I cant believe how close it actually is...Do you have everything ready???

#1853 Melissa35

Melissa35
      • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:44 PM

WoW!!!...Isnt it so exciting but stressful!!!!...I cant wait!!!

#1854 Melissa35

Melissa35
        • 23 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:47 PM

Hi Alison!!!  Congrats!!!!...What kind of package did you get if you dont mind me asking??...Did you get anything extra??

#1855 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
          • 87 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Melissa35 

Hi Scorpio!!...Soooo exciting!!!...I cant believe how close it actually is...Do you have everything ready???

Ummmm, nope. I still have plenty of stuff to do! I'm getting the complimentary pkg so any extras I'll take care of when I get there!. Right now my dilema is should I have a DJ or not. MP $1500 price tage is just outrageous. But I don't know about having an iPod either. I'm so stressed and overwhelmed. How are your plans???

#1856 alison15

alison15
            • 356 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:07 AM

We went with the compliementary package as we wanted to add our own stuff on, plus since we are having a Catholic wedding, there is only the Immculate package which wasn't that great IMO.  I think it will come out a bit cheaper this way plus we get to choose things we want a bit more.

We are paying the $385 for the Ipod speakers.  It comes with lights and 4 hours of a "technician" who helps run the Ipod. And there is the microphone for speakers. I figure that is worth it. If we would have gotten a DJ I would have had a playlist anyway so it would have been the same amount of work on me.  I guess the music won't fade or be "mixed" as well. But it will let everyone dance and that's all I care about.

For our reception, we are using Deco Cancun for candles on each table ($15 each) and then paper laterns around the edge of the terrace ($300).  The only thing that bothers me with Deco Cancun is the $150 set up fee.  I am sure it will look nice but it seems a bit pricey.  At first we were only going to do candles on the table which came to $105 but then a $150 set up fee!  Just to put 1 candle on 7 separate tables. 

Less than 2 weeks until I am there.  I am happy to answer any questions! 

#1857 asbarret

asbarret
              • 217 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:58 AM

Yea Allison! You are so close. I am 5 weeks out and I cannot believe it. I'm trying to not stress but I have been unsuccessful. Just wrapping up the loose ends...eek.

We are going with the iPod package, I just don't have it in the budget and I don't really think I need it for 25 people. So, my TA just converted us to s group so that we could get benefits, and went to set up my free cocktail hour with WC. She said I could have it OR convert it into a discounted reception for 15 pp. Anyone else encounter this? I really want thecocktail hour to give guests something to do while we take pics...but sVing money does sound nice. Thoughts?

This

#1858 asbarret

asbarret
                • 217 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:03 AM

Scorpio... I forgot, are we going to be there at the same time? I am there oct 25-31 then at sun palace

#1859 alison15

alison15
                  • 356 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

It's so hard not to stress!  And it goes by so fast.  I really can't believe it's almost here.  

If I were you, I would go with the discounted reception. That way you will have your own space to have speeches. With the restuarant people will be close by so its not as intimate.  I would look for a location close to a bar so everyone can go to the bar for a cocktail hour while you take pictures. 

Although, depending on what time your wedding is...the food for a cocktail hour is really nice so they could possibly eat early or late night after cocktails.  That would keep it more low key and relaxed.  Sorry if I am not much help.  Either way would be nice. 

Originally Posted by asbarret 

Yea Allison! You are so close. I am 5 weeks out and I cannot believe it. I'm trying to not stress but I have been unsuccessful. Just wrapping up the loose ends...eek.

We are going with the iPod package, I just don't have it in the budget and I don't really think I need it for 25 people. So, my TA just converted us to s group so that we could get benefits, and went to set up my free cocktail hour with WC. She said I could have it OR convert it into a discounted reception for 15 pp. Anyone else encounter this? I really want thecocktail hour to give guests something to do while we take pics...but sVing money does sound nice. Thoughts?

This

#1860 Scorpio30

Scorpio30
                    • 87 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by alison15 

We went with the compliementary package as we wanted to add our own stuff on, plus since we are having a Catholic wedding, there is only the Immculate package which wasn't that great IMO.  I think it will come out a bit cheaper this way plus we get to choose things we want a bit more.

We are paying the $385 for the Ipod speakers.  It comes with lights and 4 hours of a "technician" who helps run the Ipod. And there is the microphone for speakers. I figure that is worth it. If we would have gotten a DJ I would have had a playlist anyway so it would have been the same amount of work on me.  I guess the music won't fade or be "mixed" as well. But it will let everyone dance and that's all I care about.

For our reception, we are using Deco Cancun for candles on each table ($15 each) and then paper laterns around the edge of the terrace ($300).  The only thing that bothers me with Deco Cancun is the $150 set up fee.  I am sure it will look nice but it seems a bit pricey.  At first we were only going to do candles on the table which came to $105 but then a $150 set up fee!  Just to put 1 candle on 7 separate tables. 

Less than 2 weeks until I am there.  I am happy to answer any questions! 

Allison, I'm so glad you posted the iPod info. That was my latest dilema. Whether to do DJ or iPod. I too couldn't get myself to pay $1500 for 32 guests! I did not realize the iPod pkg came with a technician. I think I'm sold on that now!

I also just recieved an email from Deco Cancun and am waiting on prices but we seem to have the same style. Candles and lanterns.

Wow, 2 weeks!! I leave in 4. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

How many guests are you having?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users