Jump to content

Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!


  • Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1441 anabrina

anabrina
  • Newbie
  • 49 posts

    Posted 20 May 2010 - 04:25 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asbarret
    well, i hope the new passport is awesome...i just have my doubts and smell trouble. i just see them saying "oh, you can't use it for this, or this, or that" after we get there. its cool that you could apply some to spa, but we were already getting a 300 spa/golf credit anyway with unlimited tours. that just sounded like a better deal to me
    I'm suspicious too, but the new passport promotion is replacing the old one. So the old one doesn't exist anymore.
    http://tickers.Ticke....0fbf/event.png



    http://www.divineorderphotography.com/ I love his work and the prices are very reasonable specially for Destination Weddings...

    #1442 slapsappyhappy

    slapsappyhappy
    • Jr. Member
    • 443 posts

      Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:45 PM

      Yeah the website says:

      It will not be extended to travelers on: Famtrips, travel agent or employee rates, complimentary, incentive or compensatory stays.

      It is not valid on the "travel agent rate" meaning when travel agents go visit the resort they get a special price, it doesn't mean that if you book through a travel agent you do not get it.

      Also has anyone had their reception on Terraza Mar? It is a new terrace in the grand section. My WC recommended it but I was nervous b/c the other place that would fit my group is the Lake terrace. The Lake terrace is close to the water and I wanted it close to the beach, but she didn't recommend that to me....any thoughts?

      #1443 SouthernSweetie

      SouthernSweetie
      • Jr. Member
      • 394 posts

        Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:43 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy
        Yeah the website says:

        It will not be extended to travelers on: Famtrips, travel agent or employee rates, complimentary, incentive or compensatory stays.

        It is not valid on the "travel agent rate" meaning when travel agents go visit the resort they get a special price, it doesn't mean that if you book through a travel agent you do not get it.

        Also has anyone had their reception on Terraza Mar? It is a new terrace in the grand section. My WC recommended it but I was nervous b/c the other place that would fit my group is the Lake terrace. The Lake terrace is close to the water and I wanted it close to the beach, but she didn't recommend that to me....any thoughts?
        Another bride (Ashnic maybe) posted a picture of the Terraza Mar and it is gorgeous!

        I really want an outdoor reception near the water but I'm especially concerned about mosquitos. My wedding is at 6pm and I don't want my guests to be the main course.

        #1444 asbarret

        asbarret
        • Jr. Member
        • 217 posts

          Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

          i remember my WC telling me that a few of the grand side terraces do not allow dancing due to weight restrictions. dont know if its terrza mar or not...

          i think there is a pic of it on the wedding reception site thread

          #1445 asbarret

          asbarret
          • Jr. Member
          • 217 posts

            Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by anabrina
            I'm suspicious too, but the new passport promotion is replacing the old one. So the old one doesn't exist anymore.
            i understand that. im saying i wish they didn't change it.

            #1446 alison15

            alison15
            • Jr. Member
            • 356 posts

              Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:18 AM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by asbarret
              i understand that. im saying i wish they didn't change it.
              If you look at the Aventura Spa Palace thread this is what one bride posted...

              Ok, so my TA contacted Yesenia in Miami and according to them, this new deal is taking over the original $300 incentive for booking 3 nights. So if your guests have already booked 3 nights, they will no longer get $300 to be used towards spa, gulf and tours; they will instead receive $750. If guests book minimum 5 nights, they will receive $1500. The $1500 can be used towards spa,tours, gulf, a romantic lobster dinner for 2, wine tasting AND even part of your wedding package. I think this is so much better and hopefully will persuade more people to book!

              So our groups do get it. Hopefully. So exciting.

              #1447 CancunBride71010

              CancunBride71010
              • Jr. Member
              • 180 posts

                Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

                Hey ladies! I called the Miami office. I was told the the $15,000 Vacation Dollars is replacing the Palace Passport.

                #1448 Jodimichelle

                Jodimichelle
                • Jr. Member
                • 310 posts

                  Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:14 AM

                  Ok Ladies...

                  I am very confused at this moment!

                  I booked my trip in 2008 with a TA. So are we receiving the OLD palace passort savings or the new?

                  I don't know what is the difference, but I am assuming the tours are no longer free??

                  Please explain the- NEW $15,000 0r $1,500 ?

                  Some girls were discussing mosquitos and getting married on the beach or having their reception on the beach..

                  I will let you know how it goes.. My wedding is July 3. It is approaching. We are having a beach ceremony and a reception on the tucan terrace i believe!

                  I heard about mosquito problems near the golf course..I do not believe people have been complaining about this issue.. Unless i missed something!??!?!
                  24 Rooms Booked!

                  #1449 Jodimichelle

                  Jodimichelle
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 310 posts

                    Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Woodsylou
                    oh damn. i need to sort out the sand ceremony too, and get sashes for the chairs (but just for the ones when you walk down the aisle, to add a bit of colour.

                    oh no, what happened with the GM's clothing??
                    x

                    Hi orionandmari072510, you get married 5 days before us (on the day we arrive!) what time is your ceremony? how long will you be at MP for? good luck! x

                    Hello.. The groomsmen clothes run small i guess.. lol We have to reorder pants!

                    I am having Decor compnay do the sahses on the chairs for the ceremony. They are charging me 3 a piece.. and we are only doing the isle chairs ,,


                    I have a question for all.. My guys are wearing a pistachio green and my grils are in a coral/salmon color dress..

                    Will it look funny if we plan on having silver and white fabric for the huppa and silver sashes for the chairs.. I am afraid the green color they have won't look good , plus i feel like green will over power everything.. and they don't seem to have a coral/salmon color fabric..
                    Or again. I am afraid it won't look good.

                    So anyoen know how much Sand to buy for the photo box?
                    24 Rooms Booked!

                    #1450 CancunBride71010

                    CancunBride71010
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 180 posts

                      Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jodimichelle
                      Ok Ladies...

                      I am very confused at this moment!

                      I booked my trip in 2008 with a TA. So are we receiving the OLD palace passort savings or the new?

                      I don't know what is the difference, but I am assuming the tours are no longer free??

                      Please explain the- NEW $15,000 0r $1,500 ?

                      Some girls were discussing mosquitos and getting married on the beach or having their reception on the beach..

                      I will let you know how it goes.. My wedding is July 3. It is approaching. We are having a beach ceremony and a reception on the tucan terrace i believe!

                      I heard about mosquito problems near the golf course..I do not believe people have been complaining about this issue.. Unless i missed something!??!?!


                      Sorry... I made a mistake it is $1,500 Vaction Dollars.

                      Miami office told me the Palace Passport will not be available after June 1 2010. If you are traveling after that date you will automatically get the new promotion. The promotions can change without out notice and Palace resorts has the right to give you something else of at least equal value.

                      You can use the Vacation Dollars for tours.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users