Photo

Moon Palace 2010 Brides!!

• Please log in to reply
2186 replies to this topic

#1381 asbarret

asbarret
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:37 AM

ugh. you just reminded me of all the stuff I still have to do.

I am in the same boat about centerpeices. soooooo much money. I am buying runners from table cloth factory (cheap) and i think im just going to buy those bulk cheap seashells and scatter them on the tables. cheap and good.

we dont have any gifts for anyone.

BMs dresses are picked out but they havent ordered them. grooms suit is picked out (studio suits) but haven't ordered it. i have my dress, no shoes. groomsmens look is half picked out, but not ordered.

im not making any fans/cards, but i have to do my oots.

photographer is booked =) still have to pick all our wedding music and find the sheet music for the harpist.

have to shop for clothes/bathing suits etc and get dress altered.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

#1382 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
    • 545 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

haha! there is always so much to do! i figure that even if we don't do anything else, it'll be fine! my oh has shirts/shoes he 'could' wear, not that i want him to, but he could! my bm's shoes are the same. same goes for ushers shirts.

i'm not going to let myself stress/worry. and i would much rather save as much ££'s as i can, to go towards a deposit for our next house etc, you know?

but i am MEGA excited! that's why im back on here now, because it's getting close and i can't wait!

although i hope this bloody volcanic ash cloud goes away!!!
      a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#1383 kathryn190

kathryn190
      • 36 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:44 PM

wow thanks for all the info asbarret!!
        30 people heading out to Mexico!!
        http://tickers.Ticke....b6c8/event.png

#1384 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
        • 394 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:04 PM

Asbarret, thanks for keeping us in the loop. I love reading MP reviews. I'm glad that I didn't miss this one!

#1385 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
          • 762 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:22 PM

Thank u! I bet u are getting so excited. We didn't do any centerpieces instead we had then lay rose petals all over the really long table (they were the flyboys ones I provided) and they used our homemade program fans that were spread out. I really didn't even miss the centerpieces but if I had round taables I might have.

#1386 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
            • 426 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:15 PM

I just used rose petals and tea lights and thought it was perfect (and cheap!) My husband would've killed me if I had attempted to smuggle any more luggage.

Beautilful wedding Veronica!!

#1387 Woodsylou

Woodsylou
              • 545 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 12:27 PM

Mrs Moulton (not future now! wahoo!) you had your reception on the brazillian restaurant terrace right? would it be too windy for tea lights do you think?

also, have you done a review? i haven't checked but i'd love to read it! x
                a UK bride :)

35 fabulous people booked! 31 at The Moon Palace, 4 offsite! YAY!

My planning thread! http://bestdestinati....k-bride-61178/

#1388 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
                • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:46 PM

Thanks for the review- I forgot who posted it on here!

Woodsylou- Hey.. I have been on and off strike! I am not that stressed but I have a couple of things to do....

I have to order sand for the sand ceremony- anyone know how much I should buy to fill a photo box?

I have to order sashes for the chairs

I have to order freeze dried flowers

BM dresses are in.. fittings are almost done.. I had them pick their own shoes

GMs clothes are in.. problem sizes are wrong =(

My 2nd fitting is the first week in June

HAIR_ that is my issue..what to doooo.. I was thinking either a side pony tail look or half up half down. I have no pictures though
                  24 Rooms Booked!

#1389 Jodimichelle

Jodimichelle
                  • 310 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:30 PM

Question
                    I am getting "married" here in Nyc. Does anyone know how they do it? Do people dress up? I was planning on wearing a little white dress, nothing fancy.
                    24 Rooms Booked!

#1390 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
                    • 225 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Hello everyone!

I am a soon to be moon palace bride for 2010. Our wedding is July 25, 2010.
                      We definitely will be looking through this site for information in regards to the wedding. We are super excited and like many have begun with the complimentary package and have added on the Mayan Ceremony.

Btw, if anyone has done the Mayan Ceremony at moon palace recently, please let us know how it was like.

Thanks,
                      Mari

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users