Quote:
Originally Posted by angelalanahung View Post
Are you going with the complimentary package?

Yes, I am going with the complimentary package. This will allow me to chose what I want and delete what I do not want. You do not have to pay anything upfront. I am using a outside photographer so this works out great for me.. The packages are great if that is all that you want and the colors are fine...

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, does anyone else think the bouquets are really expensive? I can understand for the bridal bouquet but they dont seem to have a bridesmaid bouquet option. I have seen on the 2008/2009 MP page that a few brides have ordered 1 bouquet and split it down into two. Has anyone tried this / thought about this. I doubt I will have time on the day to do this myself but my MIL2B is good with things like that.

I emailed for the bridesmaid bouquets, the ones in the picture gallery on the wedding website with the gerbera daisies. They look really small so I thought they would be cheap, but I was given a quote of $120 each! With 8 bridesmaids and 2 jr. bridesmaids that is ridiculous for a bouquet! I have been looking at outside florists in Cancun but I do not know how I would arrange it b/c you are not supposed to use outside vendors. Fake bouquets are $45 each from someone in the US, but I love fresh flowers so much. Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
Check out the flower options, they match each package... I am just wondering if you get more selection than this. I am still torn about fake or real. Some of these look so pretty... or I could just get plain roses or lilies... or have Roberta from Plumerias Wedding store do my flowers. I don't know too many options! Look at the bouquets and tell me what you think.

I either want the sapphire or amber package (FI wants amber I want sapphire).

FI also wants on the beach and I want the gazebo, just because it is going to be so hot next August! lol we will have to negotiate... he keeps swearing he doesn't care about anything then gets upset if I don't include him! Are your FI's like that?
Hi,

Could you please email these to me as the site won't let me view them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo&delo2010 View Post
Hey I'm getting married april 17,2010 - moon palace :) I saw someone post that they are getting married there the day before !Guess I'll see you there! We are doing the catholic ceremony...and the rest I have no idea! So thats why I'm here to get advice!
That's meee!! I originally wanted to get married on the 17th but my time slot was taken... it's alright though!

IDK if anyone else is experiencing this, but, some of my guests (including the best man) are playing the cheap role......is our MP expensive? 2 couples already said that they found cheaper prices and are staying off of MP. I don't know people's budget, but go hard or go home. I don't want to go on vacation and have to worry about if I'll have spending money or if I can get drinks. I really didn't care if people stayed at other places, but MP has a policy that only allows 20% of your total on-site guests to be staying at other resorts....so, if I have 20 ppl staying at MP, I can only have 4 ppl staying elsewhere. My TA is trying to contact the WC at MP because when I emailed them, they really didn't understand what I was saying. So, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doblauvelt View Post
That's meee!! I originally wanted to get married on the 17th but my time slot was taken... it's alright though!
Are you doing the catholic ceremony? I had to fight for that date because she booked me for the wrong day and I almost had a heart attack! The priest (who is very nice) said he would do 2 weddings that day and thats the only reason I got it. Those people in miami office have driven me nuts! I live in miami and told her I would be more then happy to come in person and discuss since I save all my email corr. frm her...lol

What package did you pick? I chose the diamond one but I am really considering hiring an outside photographer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffani1980 View Post
IDK if anyone else is experiencing this, but, some of my guests (including the best man) are playing the cheap role......is our MP expensive? 2 couples already said that they found cheaper prices and are staying off of MP. I don't know people's budget, but go hard or go home. I don't want to go on vacation and have to worry about if I'll have spending money or if I can get drinks. I really didn't care if people stayed at other places, but MP has a policy that only allows 20% of your total on-site guests to be staying at other resorts....so, if I have 20 ppl staying at MP, I can only have 4 ppl staying elsewhere. My TA is trying to contact the WC at MP because when I emailed them, they really didn't understand what I was saying. So, we will see.
I had a bridesmaid ( in reality 3) back out the day the money was due for her dress! Therefore our flower girl got bumped up to jr. bridesmaid because we had to still order a dress so the store wouldn't raise the prices for the other girls. The one bridesmaid who dropped out the day dress money was due said she could find a cheaper place to stay.It's like my sis said to me....don't they not realize that moon palcae includes everything frm taxes,tips, transfers to and from the airport..it's a great deal! Well I hope my guests I invited don't think the same because it will not be my problem if they cant get in!

The whole point of the wedding is to hang out with your friends and family and celebrate your union...not to be at another resort somewhere else. I'm just bitter..lol but I totally understand you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapsappyhappy View Post
I emailed for the bridesmaid bouquets, the ones in the picture gallery on the wedding website with the gerbera daisies. They look really small so I thought they would be cheap, but I was given a quote of $120 each! With 8 bridesmaids and 2 jr. bridesmaids that is ridiculous for a bouquet! I have been looking at outside florists in Cancun but I do not know how I would arrange it b/c you are not supposed to use outside vendors. Fake bouquets are $45 each from someone in the US, but I love fresh flowers so much. Any other suggestions?
My friends little brother got married at Moon Palace last year and they took silk flowers...I did'nt even know until she told me. Check out this website they have neat stuff and its where I'm ordering mine! I rather spend money on something else when they are just gonna throw in the trash at the end of the night.

Wedding bouquets- Pew Decorations